PDA

View Full Version : Converting poverty spec to GSI interia...

RSTChris
07-02-08, 06:29 PM
This will've been asked a few times im sure, but im new to vauxhalls and its doing my tits in!

Basically im converting my 1.2 sx to GSI interia, ive saved the rear seat brackets etc

Ive fitted the GSI front seats and they just arent secure at the rears, is there a clip, bush etc im missing?

Also im wiring in my digi dash, its all colour to colour isnt it? then feeds from either side indicator taken from the stalks?

Cheers in advance

Philsutton
07-02-08, 06:36 PM
im guessing your old seats was a single bench seat (rears), if so you need the bracket off the donor car to weld into yours to support the middl of the seats.

Welsh Dan
07-02-08, 11:44 PM
im guessing your old seats was a single bench seat (rears), if so you need the bracket off the donor car to weld into yours to support the middl of the seats.

Mine has passed an MOT without those brackets, twice lol.

RSTChris, the GSI seats hook under the rails on the chassis, then bolt down at the front, there is a very small amount of play in mine, but thats fine.

Jack
08-02-08, 08:52 AM
Here's a wiring diagram:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v608/novadose172000/things/wiringdiagramfordigidash.jpg

Do a search for +digi +dash +wiring +diagram - loads of handy threads popped up when I did that.

Incidentally, does anyone have a diagram of the wire colours/functions on a normal dial set from a cavalier/astra etc?

RSTChris
08-02-08, 09:01 AM
Cheers for that diagram

Its the front seats that arent secure at the back, theres no clips/fasteners and i dont really want any play, there wasnt any in the gsi i took them out of?!?