PDA

View Full Version : Mate crashed into me nova...

NovaLad
06-02-08, 11:46 PM
Yup it had to happen eventually and i'm glad it wasn't my fault..

Anyway, parked up next to eachother and basicly he pulled out way to quick on a angle scraped up and dented my wing and bumper and smashed my front right headlight.

Pics***

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i319/MD_Crew/DSC01725.jpg
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i319/MD_Crew/DSC01726.jpg

Well Peed off!!!!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

mikey14sr
06-02-08, 11:53 PM
A mate of mine did a similar thing not long after I got my saloon back in 2001, not spoke to him since.....

NovaLad
06-02-08, 11:57 PM
Am soo cheesed off!!!

stevenf
07-02-08, 12:19 AM
well at least he never reversed half way up your bonnet. had that happen to me but i just laughed and had it fixed about an hour later :) charged him for the parts and labour though even though i had them lying around lol

clarke frazer
07-02-08, 12:23 AM
awell sad to see but your halfway to a paintjob atleast a side any way

NovaLad
07-02-08, 12:23 AM
I am more cheesed off about the fact it's manchester cruise soon and i aint going with my car like this.

Grrr!!! things have to happen at the wrong time.
Wouldn't be as bad if it was just the lights but the wing aswell which just takes the biscuit even more having to get that sorted and re sprayed.

stevenf
07-02-08, 12:28 AM
it wont take that long and parts are cheap anyway. you could have it done on saturday or sunday in an afternoon

NovaLad
07-02-08, 12:31 AM
I'm in 2 minds about wether to get the wing bogged or new wing.

I'm not paying but not sure yet because will look at it tomorrow to see if the squareness of the arch has gone.

Welsh Dan
07-02-08, 12:33 AM
You can replace the bumper and headlight in about 30 mins. Try the compressed air and hairdryer method on the wing then polish the scratches out until you get the wing replaced.

NovaLad
07-02-08, 12:38 AM
I can prob get the stuff sorted quick I.E. respray but getting th parts is going to be a pain in the behind.

Iain
07-02-08, 12:43 AM
Pattern wing?

stevenf
well if you aint paying you may as well get new wing :thumb:

stevenf
also parts aint that hard to get.

adam c
07-02-08, 12:45 AM
i would be peed off but tbh it isnt all that bad it could of been a LOT worse.did you give him a slap?

alan b
07-02-08, 12:45 AM
ah balls lad. dont get too down over it though. **** happens! just get him back somehowlol

NovaLad
07-02-08, 12:48 AM
The best bit is it was a corsa driver that did it lol... TYPICAL if you ask me!

They just don't seem to be able to drive.

I've started to calm down but still can't belived it has happend only 1 month 7 days into being insured even if it aint that bad.

It's my baby and my pride and joy lol

stevenf
07-02-08, 12:50 AM
It's my baby and my pride and joy lol

true

Jack
07-02-08, 08:11 AM
Plenty of parts around to replace that. Wing, headlamp, indicator, and bumper are all readily available second hand or pattern. It doesn't look too bad so could probably be repaired by a bodyshop, or as said pushed out and polished in the short term.

I'd check the wheel and tracking for damage as well.

I'm assuming you're not going through insurance!

well if you aint paying you may as well get new wing :thumb:
Not from Vauxhall you won't lol

Stuart
07-02-08, 08:29 AM
maybe its a GOOD sign.... ie for you to not goto a chavvy cruise :D

you are aware that if a mate damages your car you get a free go on his mum and or sister.

Matt2107
07-02-08, 08:45 AM
Don't hang around deciding what your gonna do.
Best to strike when the iron's hot.. otherwise he might decide he doesn't want to be your friend.

If he don't pay up smack his face in!

Martin
07-02-08, 09:04 AM
thats bnto that bad realy dude, not as bad as mine was... ive got a wing sat here if you need.. also i think ive a spare headlight..

NovaLad
07-02-08, 09:36 AM
Howmuch? deliverd

Martin
07-02-08, 10:38 AM
i aint postin a wing.. headlight i duno.. you can have wing n light for 20 if you collect

NovaJackie
07-02-08, 04:19 PM
aw ffs.. id go mad if a mate of mine did that

but as said, dont worry mr, could be alot worse

NovaLad
07-02-08, 04:21 PM
Ok buying a headlight and indicator off colin (novarally) hopefully will get the money to him tomorrow.

And should be getting the wing sorted and resprayed next week when the lights arrive

burgo
07-02-08, 05:49 PM
bet you dont go kroozing as much now

bola
07-02-08, 05:49 PM
i have a standard bumper mate

Lee
07-02-08, 05:57 PM
Ahh the days of parking up next to your friends when your inexperienced enough to not know how long your car is lol.

Find a muddy field, suggest to your friend it would be a good place to 'hang out', park up next to him drivers door to drivers door, but make sure your the one who would need to reverse to leave the space. Wait till his window is open, slam it in reverse, and unleash all 45 ponies on his ass! As you slowly move back with the wheels spinning a majestic stream of gloopy mud will fill his entire car :)

dannyb
07-02-08, 06:12 PM
Ahh the days of parking up next to your friends when your inexperienced enough to not know how long your car is lol

I had some local stoner kid reverse his golf into my rear quarter after he had just passed his test and tried to park alongside my car. I could see it happening too and had to wince at the sound of metal buckling. The lesson here - park normally and get out the car to talk!!

If it had happened to my Audi, I would do this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83dHET-3gZM

lol

NovaLad
08-02-08, 12:01 AM
He still aint paid up.

Welsh Dan
08-02-08, 12:13 AM
My fiances brother was a plumber, during one of his contracts he was working on a building site, and someone thought it'd be funny to forlift his car onto one of those static caravans they use as offices, in revenge he cracked open about 100 cans of expanding foam and it completely deformed the car lol. ;)

On a more serious note, if he's a good mate then theres no point falling out about it, have you spoken since?

Jack
08-02-08, 08:24 AM
Ahh the days of parking up next to your friends when your inexperienced enough to not know how long your car is lol.
I used to get Phantom Boot Syndrome whenever I drove my hatch. Always ended up leaving an 18" gap behind the back of the car when parking lol

NovaLad
08-02-08, 01:40 PM
Met the guy this morning.

Gave me the money for the new head light and indicator so i can post it off to colin (novarally) then will give me the rest for the respray next week.

craig green
08-02-08, 02:19 PM
Could've been far worse,

Friend of mine did similar to an RSJ in a multi storey car park to his Nova just weeks after a full rebuild & respray. New GM wings & doors too. Both wrecked.

It took 3 of us to get the car off the pillar.

JSeymour
08-02-08, 04:03 PM
gutted. these thing happen though. get it fixxed and stop biitching.

NovaLad
08-02-08, 04:36 PM
gutted. these thing happen though. get it fixxed and stop biitching.

I'm a biitch it's what biitches do lol jk