PDA

View Full Version : SPEEDING COURT CASE-CONTINUED

bob
24-07-02, 09:46 AM
Right I got me thing back from the court case and theres no mention of a ban,having my license revoked or anything- I got an ?80 fine,and from what I can make out, 6points on my license,the fine sheet or woteva say if the license isnt in the envolope the DVLA will return it unless Ive been disqualified,but it was in the envelope so Im a bit :? from what I can make out I have 6 or 9 points on my license in total,I have been driving for just over a year now so Im all confused-dont know if I return my license and get it took off me or wot-any ideas?

nathanl
24-07-02, 10:19 AM
I would assume if you got your license back then it is not revoked, it might be an idea to ask your local cop shop a theoretical question about it, but I personally would think if you lost it, they wouldn't send it back to you.
Good Luck.

Ian
24-07-02, 11:15 AM
you will probably get a letter off the dvla in few days saying you have reached 6 points within 2 years and your licence is revoked, you will then need to return it, and get provisional etc etc

Ben (lurk75)
24-07-02, 11:24 AM
that 6 points rule only applies in your first two years of driving, me thinks????

d0gz_bollox
24-07-02, 11:40 AM
the court doesnt ban you under the 6 point rule, as far as there concernced you've got 12 points entitlement. as ian said you'll get a letter in a few days saying your license has been revoked. Id book up now mate!!

dave.gsi
24-07-02, 12:24 PM
and get practising those theory test questions.........i think u gotta do that again too :roll:

Ian
24-07-02, 02:17 PM
I have been driving for just over a year now

lurk see above

Ben (lurk75)
24-07-02, 02:19 PM
my apoligies Ian

Bob your shagged!

djp_y2k
24-07-02, 07:01 PM
My mate got cought speeding and was given 6 points. He was not allowed to drive from the day he was prosicuted.

He appealed and has only got 4 points now.