PDA

View Full Version : Alloy wheels

Technicalsteve
06-02-08, 12:09 PM
Hi people.

My first post so I would like to say im a Newbie to the Vauxhalls (pug and seat) man.

Now ive done a search on here + the web but cant find any real answers, so heres my question.

What alloys will fit on my Nova? I would like to fit a set of pug 14" or 15" but before I try and get hold of them it would be nice to know they will fit.

any help would be good.

Cheers
Steve

Jack
06-02-08, 12:14 PM
You need a PCD of 4x100, centre bore of 56.1mm and an offset of 49mm (or as close as possible).

Best bet would be to look out for wheels from other Vauxhalls - think cavaliers, astras, corsas etc - or take a look on somewhere like Rochford Tyres (www.rochfordtyres.com) at the fitting guide to see what else uses those fitments :thumb:

I think the pug offset is something like 25-35mm? Way out for a Nova unfortunately.

[edit] My pug loving colleague tells me the usual offset is about 18mm and the PCD is 4x108, so no chance in getting those on!

Technicalsteve
06-02-08, 12:20 PM
Best to keep with vauxhall alloys then lol.

thanks for your help, I have a wanted listing for alloys for fingers crossed

Technicalsteve
06-02-08, 03:10 PM
My mate has a mada 323, do you think they will fit? offset is 114.3 35..42 67.0

so im told

craig green
06-02-08, 03:19 PM
114.3 assuming its the PCD is once again a no-no.

Renault, VW or Honda wheels may go on at a push, however Vauxhall FWD cars have a high offset to help with their 'negative scrub' geometry. Its fairly unique to Vauxhalls really. It basically means the hub face on each axle protrudes a long way into the wheel arch & the designers specced a wheel with high offset (means the mating face is close to the outside edge of rim) therefore if you fit; eg VW rims to a Vauxhall, the wheels stick out a long way, look odd & catch the wheel arches.

Search the forums for definitions & diagrams of wheel offset.

You really are best off fitting some 4 stud Cav, Astra or Vectra wheels tbh.
Getting wheels onto a Nova has always been tricky. Stick close to et49 & you will not have to grind any arches.