PDA

View Full Version : Concerned

ade
23-07-02, 11:29 PM
Got a call from my insurance company today. I'm up for renewal 30th July with kwik fit. I told them about the mods I was doing to my car - all bodywork - engine standard - derusting, respray, making up to GSi standard without power.

first they told me the current insurer I am with (kwikfit are brokers) wont cover me.
After submitting my dtls to another insurer, they would only insure me based on an engineers report? This apparantly is because I have changed my seats to GSi ones and the reports to assess if they are safe!
I asked based on this being passed, what the premium would be (I currently pay ?35 a month about 420 a year). She said it would go up to ?1400! thats with 4 years no claims and I'm 32!
I laughed at her and then apologised for doing so.

So - I need another insurance company quickish - going to try CIS - hear they dont penalise for body mods. Also Adrian Flux and Liverpool Victoria

GSi lookalike - 1.2 engine (?1400 bollox!)

Anyone recommend any other "reputable" ones?
(dont want the back of max power sort unless they are good)

Ade
:?

Phil_G
23-07-02, 11:34 PM
hi,

Liverpool victoria charge me ?350 fully comp on my 1200 carb with sr bumpers etc....

not bad with 2 years no claims and im 22...

Phil
:fadein:

dave.gsi
23-07-02, 11:36 PM
why don't u be done with it and buy a standard mint gsi???

ade
23-07-02, 11:47 PM
considered that but wheres the fun!

I've also had "winova" (my birds m8 named her after I said I liked Winona Ryder) 6 years and as my 1st car have become very attached.

Sad I know but her shells pretty good and theres plenty of life in the 133k engine yet!

Ade

nathanl
24-07-02, 08:28 AM
Endsleigh are doing mine ( an F reg GTE with 15s) for ?775 tpf&t with 9 points, I am 23 with 2 years ncb.

Sid
24-07-02, 09:47 AM
For more contact details Ade:
see:
http://www.novaload.net/forums/viewtopic.php?p=130374#130374

Ian
24-07-02, 11:13 AM
privilege and admiral and flux, hic too give em all a bell.

d0gz_bollox
24-07-02, 11:59 AM
dont tell them you've got a GSI bumper. give them the part number. when they say any body modifications say yep, ive replaced my bumpers with vauxhall part 20334342(etc). Just say you needed to change them for the respray as they come in primer or somet! its not as if your not telling them about the GSi kit, your just telling them you've added vauxhall bits to it (and hope they aint got a copy of EPC there!!!)

?Marty?
25-07-02, 02:06 AM
Try Privilege Insurance Company. :)

louise
26-07-02, 05:23 PM
found CIS the best for body mods, didnt penilise me 4 the work to my nova and it all worked out ok, seen as i got more 4 my car from the insurance than i ever would have selling it!!! :)

they didnt ask wot was done, just how much the car was worth!

worth a try, possibly easier too cos they dont care wots been done!