PDA

View Full Version : Better braking help!

nova_saloon
05-02-08, 09:08 PM
Hi, I have a 1.3sr nova and I was wondering about the braking system!
Does anybody have any idea if you used the master cyclinder off a gsi or gte would be better then using the standard one on the car? And is it at all easy to fit?

:confused:

brucer
05-02-08, 09:18 PM
get a set of gte brakes too.would make a fair difference than your solid discs.

General Baxter
05-02-08, 09:20 PM
if you got 14" alloys a set of ATE from a cavalier or calibra will do wonders :)

nova_saloon
05-02-08, 09:22 PM
I got ATE 2.0 16v brakes from an astra and ive got some 15" vauxhall wheels that i have never seen before there quite nice actually. but nobody knows about changing the master cylinder and if it would actually make a difference?

Welsh Dan
05-02-08, 09:49 PM
You need better stoppers on the front before having a different master cylinder will "help". Fitting a larger master cylinder reduces the amount of pedal travel, but increases how hard you have to press, for a given amount of braking.

mikey14sr
06-02-08, 06:28 PM
GTE/GSI master cylinder is the same size as a 1.2 merit one, only the servo's are slightly bigger.

I never had a problem stopping with the 256x24mm ate set-up on the front with everything else standard, just needed to push the pedal a bit further, but at least with those discs on you have a chance of your head hitting the windscreen unlike the standard poop.