PDA

View Full Version : window winder

hawkesy226
05-02-08, 08:58 AM
hi hope somebody can help i bought my car friday and when i wound the window up and down sometimes i had to slide the window down for it to move i took the door card off and there's a ball bearing type end and ive found the plastic that goes in the bottom of the window but the plastic's too small for the ball on the arm do i have to get a new arm?? or will it fit with a bit of force. can take pics if nobody understands what i mean

thanks chris

Welsh Dan
05-02-08, 09:39 AM
I think pics would be a good place to start.

Jack
05-02-08, 09:55 AM
The white plastic bit that sits in the runner at the base of the window? Should clip back on with a bit of effort.

If its knackered, the going rate for an electric window setup is about ?30-50. Otherwise, you could nab some spare arms from someone who's fitting electric windows for next to nothing. Would say you could have mine but I doubt I'll get round to fitting them for a while yet.

hawkesy226
05-02-08, 10:48 AM
yh thats the bit will try some force tonight and is it much work fitting elctric windows?

mikey14sr
05-02-08, 02:43 PM
The white plastic slider will fit on the ball if you use a pair of pliers to click it on.

hawkesy226
06-02-08, 07:56 AM
done :D thanks for your help