PDA

View Full Version : Just curious

xxspudxx
04-02-08, 10:55 PM
Would of made a poll but dont think i can yet or something? but am new on this site and was just curious what this site contains most of, car related, but are most the novas on here, track/rally slags, xe conversions, tuned small blocks, people who care to much on 0-60 and 1/4 mile times, pimped up been watching to much westood.

just wondering what kind of site this is really, do people class a good meet as sitting in mcdonalds car park seeing who can rev car for longest?

Stoo
04-02-08, 10:56 PM
all sorts

use the search

welcome

peester
04-02-08, 10:58 PM
lol..
we are all geeks. Anoraks. Clearly not been lookin round the forums much, just yet..

If theres any banter of maccies, speeding, bodging.. - we'll be just joking. Well, most of the time..
Same as any other enthusiast site ide think...?
Check the project room, technical rooms.. - jargon on those threads will blow ur mind..

xxspudxx
04-02-08, 11:05 PM
all sorts

use the search

welcome

wow, that was helpful, not gonna search for every kind of possible car am i.

yeah maybe an "enthusiast" site, but that can mean so much these days, body kits, big wheels, for me are big no no, espically on a nova, just looks so wrong

xxspudxx
04-02-08, 11:08 PM
lol..
we are all geeks. Anoraks. Clearly not been lookin round the forums much, just yet..

If theres any banter of maccies, speeding, bodging.. - we'll be just joking. Well, most of the time..
Same as any other enthusiast site ide think...?
Check the project room, technical rooms.. - jargon on those threads will blow ur mind..

not had mcuh time to look round, but just wondered on a whole what people actually think of the site, am sure site is full of people who know everything there is to know, but was just curious what the trend is on the site, as usually if someone sees a car they like they will copy looks and style, and has a chain effect and all of a sudden the whole site has a lot of cars which look similar ine one way or another

blackpoolbouncer
05-02-08, 08:34 AM
usually if someone sees a car they like they will copy looks and style, and has a chain effect and all of a sudden the whole site has a lot of cars which look similar ine one way or another
speedlines ring a bell? lol
it seems there seems to be 5 catagories of people around this as such;
1-tuners=LET and XE with the odd tuned small block thrown in for good measure:thumb: subtle bodywork usually
2- "factory enthusiasts" =after and original car as such,often some small modifications for the better, original sports are there holy grails:cool:
3-track users= building up or have built track day cars out of novas
4-usual enthusiast/modifier=tend to be first car types that are looking to do subtle body mods etc usually and are here for help and advice
5- salloon owners= in a world of there own and are a breed apart and fall into all the above catagories

Jack
05-02-08, 09:12 AM
There's only two categories:

1. Those who own saloons.
2. Those who want to own a saloon.

Simple :cool:

just wondering what kind of site this is really, do people class a good meet as sitting in mcdonalds car park seeing who can rev car for longest?
lol no. Far from it, anyone who tried to set up a meet at McDonalds would be severely shunned. Novas have pretty much lost the chav image now and the last thing anyone on here wants to do is get it back.

Incidentally, Pugsouthwest host ALL their meets in various McDonalds car parks. LMFAO, chavs lol

tom_beverley
05-02-08, 01:43 PM
There's only two categories:

1. Those who own saloons.
2. Those who want to own a saloon.

The first rule of saloon club is....

Never talk about saloon club lol

Theres a broad range of people on here, includes everyone from an original sport owner to a 500bhp owner. Largely, bodykits are a thing of the past, although there are some nice examples.

novaowner999
05-02-08, 05:14 PM
is there some kind of underground saloon club, I recon u guys should have your own forum section 'saloonszone'

Adam
05-02-08, 05:19 PM
Theres not enough saloon's to justify that IMO /\
:D

Jack
05-02-08, 05:47 PM
Fcuk that, recently its been like saloon overload. Everyone wants them! :tard:

mikey14sr
05-02-08, 06:40 PM
You forgot the ex-nova-owners who still like to give advice based on the years of experience they've had from nova ownership.

Mike
05-02-08, 06:47 PM
Saloon's for the win IMO - 2008 will be the year of the saloon........possibly....

burgo
05-02-08, 07:30 PM
i think there is easily enough saloons to justify our own section

Adam
05-02-08, 07:34 PM
Name them :p

I can think of 4/5 max

burgo
05-02-08, 07:38 PM
well i have two
baxter has one
mr jack
austin
shaun
saloony, does he have two??
count vaux alot
simonhill
saloonwoody
beeftech
the simps
ward
novafusion69
duick

thats 15 and i know there is one ive forgot

Jack
05-02-08, 07:52 PM
Don't forget Steve (duick) has one too ;)

burgo
05-02-08, 07:54 PM
edited, im sure there is another lol

Edwin
05-02-08, 10:05 PM
Do you call a 5drs also a saloon?lol If so? then you forgot me!:cry:

General Baxter
05-02-08, 10:10 PM
baxter has one

not quite yet, sat ;)

CP
Then of course there are the td owners...:D

draper
theres novas on this site :eek: learn something new everyday

Philsutton
06-02-08, 05:50 PM
the really cool people drive corsas

NovaLad
06-02-08, 05:52 PM
Corsa drivers just can't handle the power of a nova lol.

Riggy
06-02-08, 05:55 PM
lol or there nova's spontaniously combust on the motorway lol

DTR-DEVIL
06-02-08, 05:59 PM
Basically you should ask yourself wat type of person are you?

If you "WANT" to sit down MacDo's and Rev yours engines, The cross is in the corner.
If you "DONT" wanna look like a **** and have something to be proub of you found the right place!

:D

Philsutton
06-02-08, 06:10 PM
I go to "kroozes" an do nuff wheel spins, its not my fault Iain makes me do it.

draper
06-02-08, 06:30 PM
MFN massive yo yo lol

The Simps
09-02-08, 01:54 PM
Do you call a 5drs also a saloon?lol If so? then you forgot me!:cry:

The 4 doors are called saloons the 2drs are called coupes.