PDA

View Full Version : coil wiring

blackpoolbouncer
04-02-08, 06:32 PM
can anyone enlighten me on the wiring for the coil for a 1.2,obv had to change the ign when i put my carbs on my gsi
the plug that goes onto it already has the two wires from the coil but there are two other terminals that need to be accounted for i assume one is for an earth and one for power but which is which:confused:

just vaux trev
04-02-08, 07:00 PM
one will be tacho bottom right i think but im sure only 2 are used+tacho if required

blackpoolbouncer
04-02-08, 07:24 PM
where does the coil get its power from then because the two wires that are alreay there in the plug go to the dizzy so there has to be at least one of the spare terminals that is a power feed due to the coil not recieving a feed from anywhere else?

just vaux trev
04-02-08, 07:34 PM
im not 100% on it it's been a while since i've used one of those coils

Riggy
04-02-08, 07:50 PM
if your fitting carbs to a 1.6 engine then you need the 1.4 coil & dizzy

the 1.2 stuff wont work iirc

blackpoolbouncer
04-02-08, 07:52 PM
well i thought it was off a 1.2 probbly not,ive had it working beofre but when i went to wire it up again the whole thing goes up in smoke,long story,all i want is a daigram or something just to identify what the 4 pins on the coil should be ie +ve etc,its the same coil pack as on the gsi anyway but ive no engine loom anymore

Riggy
04-02-08, 07:55 PM
no then that one wont work , you need the round 1.4 coil and dizzy set up

if you get stuck i think i have one in my garage that i could get rid off :thumb:

blackpoolbouncer
05-02-08, 12:24 AM
how did i manage to get a spark accros all four cylinders before then?
p.s riggy i might just well be interested if ya want rid