PDA

View Full Version : best place to buy a plate

conad
02-02-08, 05:27 PM
where do you guys consider the best place to buy a numberplate from, they must be able to alter the appearance of letters/numbers. in my case i want the 6 made to look more like an O and make the 1 a little thinner and closer to the 6!

heres one i made earlier..... a bit rough i know lol

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i49/conad/numberplate.jpg

dannyb
02-02-08, 06:50 PM
Isn't the practise of altering the characters a bit illegal....

If you must have something that resembles CONDE, you won't find it online, you might have to find somewhere/someone who can make up the plate from pre cut characters which then have a transparent film rolled over the top. The last plates I got made were designed on a computer, then printed as one transparency which stuck over the reflective back. These type of plates are harder to get altered spacing.

goldengraham
02-02-08, 06:52 PM
you will get pulled over and a ?30 on the spot fine, worth it? i think not

happened to me

conad
02-02-08, 07:09 PM
you will get pulled over and a ?30 on the spot fine, worth it? i think not

happened to me

sod it, risk im willing to take.

conad
02-02-08, 07:11 PM
Isn't the practise of altering the characters a bit illegal....

If you must have something that resembles CONDE, you won't find it online, you might have to find somewhere/someone who can make up the plate from pre cut characters which then have a transparent film rolled over the top. The last plates I got made were designed on a computer, then printed as one transparency which stuck over the reflective back. These type of plates are harder to get altered spacing.

think iv found one now, fancyplates.com based in N.Ireland

Stoo
02-02-08, 07:20 PM
i get all my *cough* illegal *cough* plates from them

conad
02-02-08, 07:24 PM
i get all my *cough* illegal *cough* plates from them

do you have *sneeze* have any *sneeze* digits altered on your *sneeze* plates lol lol

Jack
02-02-08, 09:31 PM
Fcuk with the registration and the DVLA may decide they want to withdraw it.

draper
02-02-08, 09:37 PM
best way round it is to carry a set of legal plates in the car, if you get pulled explain to the copper youve been at a car show or photoshoot of your car and forgot to swap your plates back over, offer to swap them there and then in front of them and you should get away with a warning

the above statement is intended for entertainment purposes only ;)

Stoo
02-02-08, 10:00 PM
dont have any digits altered but m,y plate does measure 280x70mm

conad
02-02-08, 10:08 PM
best way round it is to carry a set of legal plates in the car, if you get pulled explain to the copper youve been at a car show or photoshoot of your car and forgot to swap your plates back over, offer to swap them there and then in front of them and you should get away with a warning

spot on idea mate

conad
02-02-08, 10:10 PM
Fcuk with the registration and the DVLA may decide they want to withdraw it.

can they really do that? how exactly would the dvla be informed though..... copper with a grudge??

walshc
02-02-08, 10:57 PM
Yeah just carry some legal ones with you in the boot :cool: :thumb:

Try these places, they get loads of good feedback in the dub world ;)

http://www.platemyride.com/

http://www.theplateman.co.uk/

http://www.dubmeister.co.uk/

Lynsey
03-02-08, 12:15 AM
I got mine from www.theplateman.co.uk (http://www.theplateman.co.uk) :p good stuff. I have had 'special' plates on all of my cars (except the Cav) and it has been fine. I think it just depends on the area, the coppers and also your attitude to them when they pull you over. TBH there are so many t0$$ers round here their big flash cars with private plates and illegal fonts/ spacing etc that the police would have a hell of a job if they decided to do anything about it. Just don't go doing what ANDYRACER did and get the wrong plates made up hehehe.

mowgli
03-02-08, 11:18 AM
There was a discovery driving round my part of the world with the reg J100NAS, nothing strange, but they had doctored it to try and make F10NAS, it looked rough but they were never stopped.....

The law is that the size & spacing are set but the font can be altered.

You could be stopped & fined, & the car could fail its mot test.

yellow nova
03-02-08, 09:58 PM

I did just this just before conad bought the nova of me and still got a fine so thats that one out the window

conad
03-02-08, 10:42 PM
hopefully though il be able to butter up the coppers round here, not many of them seem to go in 'overdrive power mode' if you polite and co-operative

Jack
03-02-08, 10:46 PM
Just don't go doing what ANDYRACER did and get the wrong plates made up hehehe.
LMFAO

Stuart
04-02-08, 09:00 AM
or actually be "cool" and pay for the plate to say what its meant to.

altered plates to look like something "nearly" right are toss.

If you persistantly get caught with iffy plates the plod report it to the DVLA and the DVLA revoke your registration and you get a Q plate back lol

craig green
04-02-08, 09:38 AM
To me it looks like it says CINDY any way. Which is a girls name.

Why bother?

Prey
04-02-08, 10:34 AM
I have yet to see an 'altered' plate that doesnt look stupid. As said above - why bother?

conad
04-02-08, 09:09 PM
or actually be "cool" and pay for the plate to say what its meant to. lol

NO, because it cost nearly ?11,000 for C10NDE lol

To me it looks like it says CINDY any way. Which is a girls name.

Why bother?

why bother? i bother because i know that my names not cindy :thumb:

draper
04-02-08, 09:16 PM
I did just this just before conad bought the nova of me and still got a fine so thats that one out the window

your obviously not as charming as me then :D

conad
04-02-08, 09:53 PM
your obviously not as charming as me then :D

smiles, charm and plenty of 'yes sir' 'no sir' goes a long way doesnt it lol

Lynsey
04-02-08, 10:38 PM
LMAO @ Stuart trying to give some advice on being 'cool' lol

You have been warned about what could possibly happen, but if you are happy with that then go for it. If you want to do anything which isn't 100% legal then I wouldn't mention it on this site because you know what they are like lol

I'm gon stop now because I think if I'd posted what I originally typed, I'd probably get banned lol

chrisj_88
05-02-08, 12:14 AM
just keep some legal plates with you

Stuart
05-02-08, 09:02 AM
LMAO @ Stuart trying to give some advice on being 'cool' lol

You have been warned about what could possibly happen, but if you are happy with that then go for it. If you want to do anything which isn't 100% legal then I wouldn't mention it on this site because you know what they are like lol

I'm gon stop now because I think if I'd posted what I originally typed, I'd probably get banned lol

ah go on :) let your fingers roam free (ohhh errr)

I know about being cool :cool: lol I took the crappest number plate in the world off my car when I got it... and now its a pig to sell as everyone else realises how ghey it is lol

Lynsey
05-02-08, 05:28 PM
Stuart behave! What is it?

Jack
05-02-08, 05:49 PM
M8 GAY with two screw holes cunningly placed on the 8? lol

Stuart
05-02-08, 07:13 PM
M8 GAY with two screw holes cunningly placed on the 8? lol

I want that plate!!!!

The one i took off was R1PRT (the owner of the car was called Rupert and thought it looked like his name lmfao)

draper
05-02-08, 07:16 PM
you need someone who owns an R1 called peter ralph thompson and your laughing