PDA

View Full Version : anyone fix my car??

Alex J
02-02-08, 04:30 PM
my c20xe nova still wont start, ive changed everything from the airflow meter to the crank shaft sensor 2 ecu, with no joy! it only gos with a tow, and if you can get it going it runs on 3 when u floor it! but fine on tick over, dont get hot, and theres no loss of water, etc, im going mad lol!! is there anyone who lives in essex,or southend area, who knows a fair bit about these engines etc, coz im drawing a blank:confused: , i have cash waiting if anyone thinks they have a clue and come to my workshop 2 fix her, thers plenty of tea! txt me on 07505563094 or call! cheers. alex.

meritlover
02-02-08, 04:32 PM
did you try a compression test?

Alex J
02-02-08, 04:36 PM
yes mate, its alwas been a bitch 2 start , but now its just given up !, ive had a few people have alook, but they dont have a clue what it is either!

Welsh Dan
02-02-08, 04:37 PM
What were the results of the compression test? Do you have the engine management light wired up?

What model was the car originally? Did it work ok ever since the conversion?

meritlover
02-02-08, 04:40 PM
what were your readings? were they of a strange nature?

sounds fuel/ fuel pressure related. does it idle completely well or is it a poor?

craig green
02-02-08, 04:54 PM
What tank & pump setup? (incorrect pump pressure)

Does it turn over? (correct earths etc)

Alex J
02-02-08, 05:01 PM
it turns over, has a fuel cell in the boot, and it was a freind who did the compression, said it was fine! i know nothing about these engines, thats why i need someone to have alook! anyone??????, oh and it dose idle fine., its done it since i got it and got worse, now it wont do nout!

mowgli
03-02-08, 11:37 AM
get it to a decent local garage. it needs plugging in & a full check doing. DO NOT TRY THE MAIN DEALER UNLESS YOU WANT ROBBING

Edwin
03-02-08, 03:12 PM
Won't start? will start with a tow? I know what the problem is! Replace distibutercap and rotor! how old are the cables?(sorry, do not know the englisch word for it) Many people how put an xe in to an old nova use the same wire to feed the ignition as the old engine! The smal engine types use an resistance wire to feed the ignition system!! therefore it runs on a (to)low voltage!! to try this! conect an wire directly from the batery to the ignition system.

meritlover
03-02-08, 04:30 PM
^^ ;) that is possible as the voltage drop from the starter is causing the IGN to drop out when the engine is cranked. thats deffinately worth a try.

Riggy
03-02-08, 08:05 PM
following on frpm above , if the car was a 1.0 originally , you cant use the black coil wire as it drops to 9v when cranking

you need to run a new ignition live that holds 12v when cranking

Ernie
03-02-08, 08:49 PM
I have herd this about the 1ltr nova loom but im using the 1ltr loom on my 2ltr xe track car and it has never played up.
But still worth checking i just must be lucky with mine.