PDA

View Full Version : What do do with an oil breather pipe

rob.slader
22-07-02, 04:26 PM
What is the best way of dealing with the redundant oil breather pipe that is connected to the standard airbox, on a carburetted Vauxhall engine when performance air filters are fitted? Is it best to leave it pointing downwards to the floor? Or is it to fit a performance oil breather filter? I don't want oil all over my engine bay so maybe a reservoir pot for the pipe is needed? As I don't know the best option, hopefully someone can advise.

Thanks.

carltoncrazy
22-07-02, 05:16 PM
ive got the same problem,and yes do sumthing with it it covers the car with sh**

neiloakley
22-07-02, 05:38 PM
just use some form of tank bolted to the firewall and poke the tube into it. If you wanna be fancy get a chrome one. oooh! :painting:

jamesbes
22-07-02, 06:02 PM
just but a oil performance filter

cornish
22-07-02, 06:55 PM
I used an alloy power steering fluid resovoir tank thingy from a Nissan Silvia as a resevoir, then fitted an oil breather filter to the top of the tank and mounted the tank on the side of the cam housing.

The tank cost ?3 from a scrappy, and the filter ?5 from MPL.

The tank is alloy and looks cool :)

HTH.

mowgli
23-07-02, 12:32 AM
ring demon tweeks or someone similar, they probably do a kit

Mowgli

rob.slader
23-07-02, 12:42 PM
Cheers for the info lads, I'll see what I can sort out. Probably going to go down Cornish's route of suggestion. Sounds like the best way.

Ste_Nova
24-07-02, 04:29 PM
i just extended mine down the bottom of the bay

carltoncrazy
24-07-02, 04:40 PM
does it really matter if it jus spits the sh** out the bottom of the engine,
(im jus imagianin the poor bloke under my car in the MOT bay)hehehehehehe

neiloakley
25-07-02, 12:09 AM
as long as the tube can breathe (not literally) you can do what you like with it (again, not literally) :microwav: .