PDA

View Full Version : GTE front bumper on a Mk2 Nova

stubs
01-02-08, 04:20 AM
I recently got given a GTE front bumper off GT (sorry pal I forgot your bloody name again!)... anyway I was originally wanting a GSi bumper, but scooped this one when it came up.

I remember seeing a european mk2 fitted with GTE bumpers and it looked amazing. I thought I would give it a go as I've not seen it done since.

I think it looks rather good, but I've not got any pictures of it yet. I stil need to drill the front wings to correctly secure the sides, but so far its held in place pretty well just off the front brace.

I'm left undecided about if to keep it on or swap it over for a GSi front.. only reason being that I don't like having bumpers that dont match :tard: I would happily fit a GTE rear, but I currently have a towbar on the car (need to keep it on for now so I can tow my R6 about) and I would have to cut the lower section :(

Does anyone have any pictures of the mk2 with GTE bumpers just to use as illustration until I get some pics online? Should help people judge how it looks.

Jack
01-02-08, 08:33 AM
The only time I've seen this look good is on Enem's black Nova, and thats mainly because the dark colour hid the fact the bumper doesn't line up lol

IMO it just doesn't look right. Swap out for a GSi bumper.

Rickyb
01-02-08, 09:32 AM
its a no go IMO

Aamir
01-02-08, 10:33 AM
You mean this ?

I think it looks wicked !

do it man !

http://aycu24.webshots.com/image/41903/2005143682422664072_rs.jpg

It's good to be different !

Matt2107
01-02-08, 01:14 PM
Mod the grill by extending downwards slightly.
Not a difficult thing to do with a bit of fibre glass.

just vaux trev
01-02-08, 01:31 PM
i was going to say the same thing as im thinking of doing this myself/\
find an old mk1 grill and cut a small section off the bottom bond it onto the mk2 grill or cut a section off a mk 2 bumper and vice versa

staggy_gsi
02-02-08, 10:51 PM
no mate dont do it. wont look right imo, its either a mk1 or a mk2 not both lol