PDA

View Full Version : how low can i go

carltoncrazy
21-07-02, 07:20 PM
right cars going get its first MOT since 94 soon,it will pass.
any how whats the legal limit?
also im think after seeing nove gurl post,
of sitting it on 16 with 80 mm drop.
wot mods am i look at here?

dangermousegsi
22-07-02, 07:22 PM
i got stuck on this one for my mot, provided there is sufficent clearence between the tyres and the inside/outside of the rear arches and the rear shocks and the same with the fronts u should be fine, i also heard if u cant get ur car on the testing ramp u fail but im not sure, as for ur 80mm drop dig out a back issue of fast car with the nova on 19"! on the cover that had custom 110mm springs it should say who made them in there

rob.slader
23-07-02, 01:25 PM
Make sure you get a proper lowering kit with matched shocks/springs. You may not be able to get springs that go that low on their own using the standard shocks. Coilovers are the ones for going low I believe. I have heard of people cutting their springs to go lower, but this will fail an MOT as when the car is jacked up on the ramps, the springs fall out of the shock cups! oooops. Rember - Don't bodge it, do it properly.

dErZ1
23-07-02, 02:30 PM
:D Good luck with your MOT :D

I've dropped mine by 40mm all round on standard suspension with 14 " wheels and its fine, I think I could fit 15" in there but the car handles sweetly now.