PDA

View Full Version : heater relocation

moleman
31-01-08, 12:01 AM
hi,, has anyone or know of anyone tht has relocatedthe heaters from under the bonnet to inside the car before?? i dnt have any in the car at the moment and if i can hide it then i'll have 2 live without it, just be nice to have it back

cheers

Stoo
31-01-08, 01:20 AM
what on earth are you talking about?

do you mean your heaters arent working?

moleman
31-01-08, 04:26 PM
sorry,, right the heater blower box that lives under the bonnet, in the bulk head next 2 battery,, has anyone relocated tht to another location before??

Nick
31-01-08, 04:35 PM
Theres a reason for it being where it is !

Stoo
31-01-08, 05:07 PM
why would you wanna relocate it?

moleman
01-02-08, 12:02 AM
i know its there 4 a reason, but alot of other thing are there 4 a reason, just wondered if anyone had sucsessfully relocated it,

if not i'll just leave it out, just with the engine bay i had in mind it would be in the way

mowgli
01-02-08, 12:06 AM
it is not actually in the engine bay, it is in the battery compartment.
if you put it inside it would be noisy as hell. to be honest, a decent go at a scrapyard would get you a fan, but there is hardly any space under the dash to hide one.

Welsh Dan
01-02-08, 12:26 AM
I think in Will F's nova its been relocated to the passenger side of the battery area, but I could be wrong...

Dar
01-02-08, 08:35 AM
The problem you will have when relocating the blower is feeding the air back in to the heater matrix in the right place. If you take the blower off you will see that it sits directly over where the air needs to go in to the matrix. Once you move it and blank off the hole you will have to come up with a new way of getting air in there.

The blower won't be an easy item to relocaqte anyway, so it may be well worth while trying to source another type of blower off of another car or something after market. After all it only has to push air.

My choice would be to ditch the whole heater matrix and blower in favor of something different. I've seen mini heaters put in to other cars before.

Good luck