PDA

View Full Version : Need performance help a.s.a.p

ianglanister
30-01-08, 11:39 PM
need help a.s.a.p how car i push more power out of my 1.2 carb engine? corsa c drivers keep trying to leave me at traffic lights and we stay together until get to speed limit(then i back off but they dont) i just want o get enough power to leave them standing at the lights or have that little bit more power. the one is 1.2 twin port(if you want to check bhp etc of them) not got alot of cash so needs to be able to be done on the cheap but yeh so thats what im after any ideas?

Dave.
30-01-08, 11:42 PM
Start With The Basics, K&n Etc

ianglanister
30-01-08, 11:43 PM
you got anything that may help me up for grabs?

MK1-GTE
30-01-08, 11:44 PM
webber carb ? works well on our 1,2 with a magnex full system ..

ianglanister
30-01-08, 11:45 PM
well i need to check a mate says it looks like one without taking the airbox off but i dont know anything about them got any pics i can compare to? cheers ian

clarke frazer
30-01-08, 11:51 PM
the only way forward for more performance is a transplant 16gsi gte they can be done for quite cheap or red top thats the way forward and say by bye to those corsas

ianglanister
30-01-08, 11:52 PM
thinking about it but cant afford an engine at the moment and cant afford to get it fitted etc!! if you know anyone going to scrap an engine or dont want one let me know:) any little tricks?

Welsh Dan
31-01-08, 12:04 AM
Full exhaust system, weber 32/24 carb, 270degree cam, close ratio gearbox with 4.18 FD, and a proper rolling road setup (RR setup is MANDATORY with carb+cam change), will give you a few more ponies.

The alternative (cheap) method is to strip the weight out, take out all of the trim panels, back seats, surplus metal, replace the rear glass with polycarbonate, and replace the front seats with fibreglass buckets. Do all that and you've essentially taken a fat passenger out of an empty car ;).

Stoo
31-01-08, 12:32 AM
read my sig

NovaLad
31-01-08, 12:40 AM
You joking??

I allways leave my mates off the line lol

EDIT- Your going to have a prob keeping up with the 1.2 twinport off the line lol most brand new 1.4 get left.

Stoo
31-01-08, 12:42 AM
You joking??

I allways leave my mates off the line lol

because they are all still walking

Timmy
31-01-08, 01:11 AM
ok very simple way to inhance your 1.2. losse backs seats and as much from the back as you dare!!!> 1.3sr inlet and a 32/34 carb, then run a 1.6manafold and full system. then if you can find a cam form either the 14sr or 13, i think the 14 has bigger lift as mike he'll know more.
Make sure you ugrade to some 15" wheel with ATE brake making sure you can stop and , uprate spring and shox if can't afford both trying getting some SR springs as they off a good amount of drop but pratical use as well.

Jack
31-01-08, 09:28 AM
Ditch all the weight you can possibly afford to lose, fit decent suspension so you don't do a wheely off the line, and get the grippiest front tyres you can afford. Worthwhile fitting a close ratio gearbox too. You can tune the 1.2, but for the cost of the mods required to get decent power plus the increased insurance you might as well just go for a 1.3 or 1.4 engine. If you do decide to tune the engine, don't just go for a big bhp.

1.2 twinport Corsa C is 80bhp btw, weighs 1160Kg and has a 0-100kmh (62mph) of 13.9 seconds (assuming its a manual transmission).

1.2 Nova is 55bhp, weighs 740kg and has a 0-100kmh somewhere north of 14 seconds; power to weight is better, but it has sod all torque compared to the Corsa.

Also bear in mind your 55 horses have probably now become a lame bunch of tired old pack donkeys.

Start With The Basics, K&n Etc
You're having a laugh? K&N will lose you power, especially from a standing start. Yummy, lots of hot air into the engine lol

Welsh Dan
31-01-08, 10:59 AM
get the grippiest front tyres you can afford.

[voice of experience]Get the backs to match aswell, else you'll spin on a wet roundabout/bend. [/voice of experience]

ianglanister
31-01-08, 11:03 AM
cool thanks for all the replies has anyone got any bits for sale that may help me? thanks ian