PDA

View Full Version : Finally PICS of my biatch of a Nova (56k go make a cuppa)

blackjack
30-01-08, 07:20 PM
heres some pics of my baby!! extreme 1 spl nova.. built to do 1 thing which is be loud as hell. as it stands, unbeaten in any uk competition and unbeaten in the uk in terms of sheer db's (171.7db's)

weighs in at approx 3 tonnes with around 480 kilos of batteries running 18 volts, countless meters of box section steels, and mdf, lots of filler (internally) all of the blending on the doors / windows is done using steel not firbreglass! and the masterpeice is the split screen and doors which are 2" thick perspex!

enjoy!

side showing the 2" thick perspex windows. the suspension drop is due to the weight!
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t167/blackjack381/extreme%20nova/29012008290.jpg

steering (moved and shorted column, and gear stick http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t167/blackjack381/extreme%20nova/29012008285.jpg

view inside looking forward to winscreen
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t167/blackjack381/extreme%20nova/29012008282.jpg

pics showing bolts that hold the door shut
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t167/blackjack381/extreme%20nova/29012008278.jpg
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t167/blackjack381/extreme%20nova/29012008279.jpg

engine bay, heater matrix removed and re routed pipework. also moved ecu
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t167/blackjack381/extreme%20nova/29012008273.jpg

batteries for the sound system (brick gives indication of sheer size)
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t167/blackjack381/extreme%20nova/29012008270.jpg
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t167/blackjack381/extreme%20nova/29012008271.jpg

head room (im sat on the floor)
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t167/blackjack381/extreme%20nova/23-06-07_1508.jpg

inside towards the back showing the single 18" sub
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t167/blackjack381/extreme%20nova/23-06-07_1502.jpg

twistysnovagte
30-01-08, 07:24 PM
:wtf: wow sorry m8 but whats the point of it not exactly a show stopper, id say strip and turn it back into a real nova :confused:

NovaLad
30-01-08, 07:26 PM
You mad ^^^ This nova is a leg end!!!

blackjack
30-01-08, 07:28 PM
if u can remove 75 meters of steel and 12 sheets of mdf, the windows, replace the suspension, redo entire wiring, and get the rust out of the underside then your a better engineer than me lol

as for not being a show stopper.. was at show sunday, didn even take it off the trailor was parked other side of the road too and still had crowds nosing around it!

blackjack
30-01-08, 07:30 PM
You mad ^^^ This nova is a leg end!!!

it is indeed, just wish i could take credit for all of the work rather than just bits!

the rebuild begins nextweek though..... going even more mad:thumb:

twistysnovagte
30-01-08, 07:31 PM
leg end or legend?lol either way it still looks liek a german air raid shelter, but that just my opinion, personaly i wouldnt dream of the idea seems a lot of time and effort has gone into it for ???? the money spent could of built a nice track day car im sure

blackjack
30-01-08, 07:32 PM
i have a track slag too but not a nova!

as for time 1500 hours and counting on teh nova!

John
30-01-08, 07:32 PM
Not exactly my bag, but anyone who spends that much time and effort to acheive those results deserves mucho respect i reckon!

twistysnovagte
30-01-08, 07:38 PM
yeah i agree^^^^with the respect but not for me im affraid.

Dave.
30-01-08, 07:38 PM
allways wanted to know this, does it actually drive?

i presume it isnt road legal lol

also isnt there a huge panel with loads of amps that cover up the battery's?

Dar
30-01-08, 07:39 PM
Awesome!:thumb:
I looks heavy just sitting there. So in a nutshell you have turned a Nova in to a big basebox?
I like the sound of 'unbeaten' :D
It's modifyed for a purpose and I like it:cool:

blackjack
30-01-08, 07:40 PM
yup still drives,, still stops too somehow! even managed second gear on sunday.

only real issue is visablity so you always need a spotter when moving it

NovaLad
30-01-08, 07:41 PM
Get a vid of you driving it for comedy purposes lol

blackjack
30-01-08, 07:45 PM
ill put a battery on it saturday especially lol

John
30-01-08, 07:49 PM
There's 10 in the boot!!

blackjack
30-01-08, 07:55 PM
There's 10 in the boot!!
hope not, should be 9 lol

also there was a panel with 4 amps and line driver however i didnt post as it wasnt my car at the time and wasnt my kit... as yet there are no pics of my kit in there

BIGS
30-01-08, 07:58 PM
I bet the girls love this lol

Dave.
30-01-08, 07:58 PM
is this what your on about??

http://www.iainel.co.uk/images/gallery/PVS2007/IMG_2241.JPG

blackjack
30-01-08, 08:01 PM
that would be indeed

novait
30-01-08, 08:03 PM
ive seen this and wow....it is great... good work....

boyle_46
30-01-08, 08:12 PM
so this car is built for one reason and its sound :S seems odd to me but its your car and i say well done for having the testicals for doing it , on the other hand i don't see the point in putting that much time and money into it if it will not drive , seems a waste i just cant get my head round it .

NovaLad
30-01-08, 08:15 PM
Because if the person that did it didn't do it then someone else would have.

It's all about being original.

Like the guy doing the 4WD nova.

blackjack
30-01-08, 08:16 PM
i don't see the point in putting that much time and money into it if it will not drive , seems a waste i just cant get my head round it .

catch up dear boy, it does drive

Stoo
30-01-08, 08:36 PM
it doesnt matter if it drives or not, its built to be a competitive SPL machine

and looks like it does a bloody good job!!

kudos matey

dave.gsi
30-01-08, 08:51 PM
did this used to be red and had 'team dave' plastered down the side? seem to remember it at PVS years ago?

as for the car (i use that term lightly!), whatever you're into i suppose, i personally don't see the point. its not like it even plays music loud, it just makes farting/burping noises and rumbles the ground.........wow, nice way to waste ?10K+:thumb:

blackjack
30-01-08, 09:48 PM
yup same nova did used to be red... and part of team D.A.V.E. it will play music although your likely to need to recone the sub after about 30 seconds and the batteries would probably be flat!

was scoring over 160db;s playing music the last time it was tried!

as for 10 grand,, keep going lol! that covers the 4 amps

CP
30-01-08, 09:58 PM
lol lol
Never understood whats with the concept of db shootouts and noise so loud it can make you bleed out of your ears but heyho what do I know. Fair play to you!

Reminds me a lot of my old CAT D8 tracklayerlol - I'm quite deaf cos of all the hours I spent driving it!

blackjack
30-01-08, 10:07 PM
lol lol
Never understood whats with the concept of db shootouts and noise so loud it can make you bleed out of your ears but heyho what do I know. Fair play to you!

concept is to get as loud as you can! simple! :D

as for ears bleeding me thinks not never seen it happen, my daily driver was 151.2 db;s and i have regularly sat in some approaching 160's! although if you sat in the nova full tilt, you would go deaf instantly, your lungs would be crushed / collapse and you would probably die from internal heamoraging.

at only a 3rd of the full volume you will get nose bleeds and temporary deafness as discovered lol (164 db's)(every 3 db's is double the volume)!

Stoo
30-01-08, 10:09 PM
christ on a bike

Jack
30-01-08, 10:10 PM
although if you sat in the nova full tilt, you would go deaf instantly, your lungs would be crushed / collapse and you would probably die from internal heamoraging.
A Nova that can kill you just by sitting in it. I like it lol

leebo
30-01-08, 10:17 PM
(every 3 db's is double the volume)!
this comment just makes the car all the more unreal and mind twisting, would love to see and hear her going. fair play mate

blackjack
30-01-08, 10:22 PM
tbh outside is lame,, not very loud, not very bendy.... too bloody soundproofed lol

Paul
30-01-08, 10:29 PM
:tard: funky!

I like it!:thumb:

Ernie
31-01-08, 01:33 AM
A Nova that can kill you just by sitting in it. I like it lol
You hav'nt been out on track with Mr Lee yet have you.His nova does try it's best at times.
lol

Stoo
31-01-08, 01:34 AM
his just kills itself ernie!

Ernie
31-01-08, 01:38 AM
To true but you do have to look out for bits flying always when it lets go.
Thats even when your in a marshalls dug out lol.

Ernie
31-01-08, 01:43 AM
New marshall points for the first action day this year.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v617/chunny01/1950s-civil-defense-fallout-shelter.jpg

craig green
31-01-08, 10:31 AM
Is it just bass or is there full range front speakers too.

You should do our PNG campsite disco at PV.

Prey
31-01-08, 12:35 PM
That is hardcore - what started you off on the spl competitions route?

Martin
31-01-08, 12:50 PM
always like this car.. always wil i supose..

it does its job very well, every has ther diferent views on how "they" want ever nova to look, and when something comes along different somne frown and think its pointless, but the "real" people who know what its all about repect it...

ive herd it once, and had to walk away lol...

FUSION X16XE
31-01-08, 01:03 PM
whats amp(s) you running mate? also what did you use for sound deadening?? this dynamat im using is ****.

Novadex
31-01-08, 01:12 PM
Ive never seen anything like it, looks indestructible!

DTR-DEVIL
01-02-08, 01:09 AM
Was you up Modded Uk (Detling), few months back? I swear i saw something like that up there?

Aamir
01-02-08, 10:18 AM
Brilliant ! 171db is SICK !!!!

Ignore all the to55ers saying change it back into a proper nova :tard:

I'm surprised it even moves, some major weight there !

Keep up the good work !

novaco
01-02-08, 08:28 PM
remember standing next to this at PVS..as it was making the ground rumble lol...

scary stuff!!!

bola
01-02-08, 10:31 PM
seen this a few times mate, its an awesome machine! Cant start to imagine the work thats gone into it!

blackjack
06-02-08, 07:31 PM
hi all sorry for my huge delay in replying, been busy as hell..
anyway lemme answer all your questions;

CRAIG GREEN; you asked if there was full range or just bass... answer is just bass, howevewr with the rebuild i intend to try music too with external mounted speakers for full range. music was tried by the last owner jacking into a PA system for the full range. due to the fact the car has a high peak, it had to play a modonna track and was averaging 164db's however after 30 seconds the batts went very flat and the sub was pretty much cooked. Also cant do disco's at PV as i'll be with DB DRAG. Also the last time i boomed at PV ot was 4 iin the moring playing crazy frog at 154db's and it didnt go down well with the organisers or the owners of the 200+ cars i set off the alarms on. :)

PREY; you asked what got me started in spl...
i had always been a bass head at home but as soon as i started driving i knew car audio was the route, i was lucky enough to meet a guy with an insanely loud mk3 astra van and he dragged me to PV many years ago. whilst booming a guy introduced himself as the head of DB DRAG UK which made us giggle but he invited us over to see some other cars so thpught why not... expecting 6x9's galor. however we were very much mistaken and got invited to compete. we walked away with the extreme 5+ record and a hell of a lotr of knowledge and pretty much went from there. i got home and set about turning a clio into a boomer 151db's and started competeing. after about 6 cars getting torn to peices by the pressures inflicted that i wanted to try something new. i heard the nova was gponna be scrapped but i made an offer which was accepted and spl went from there.

MARTIN / NOVACO; you mention u heard it and had to move away..... most people do lol, ots a creepy soud and experience to be near it. you can feel the static it causes for about 10 meters which can make people feel wierded out.

EASTBOURNE-RACER; you asked what amps and sound proofing is used.....
well since being in extreme 1 it was using four solid audio 2500d's by the previous owner, which are fantasic but very power hungry (must add statistically one of the most reliable amps ever) and also stable to 0.5ohm on music which is pretty much unheard of and very good. unfortunatly no longer available but once in a while see them second hand for about 300 quid each however OZ audio now produce a vertually identical amp which is meant to be just as good. i intend to use two atomic audio 7000.1 amps and if the batts can take it, then 4. where i run 18 volts and lower ohmage i should see 40,000wrms from 4 (20k from 2) (maximum power figures are bull****, wrms are true figures). as for sound proofing, i use mdf, steel, expanding foam, fibreglass, 2 inch thick perspex and dabbled with concrete. for daily use dynomatt is crap to be honest. do a search on google for adassa audio owned by a guy called andrew in south london. the website is crap but 2 layers of his soundproofing is incredible and a fraction of the cost of dynomatt and i swear by it for daily drivable cars.

NOVADEX; you said it looks indestructable..... it pretty much is internally and door wise i agree however im nnow fighting a battle with the rust ghremlins which are slowely winning... the chassis is gone, the front is on the verge of falling off, the boot floor has rotten through completely and the rear suspension is fooked. its amazing what a nice lick of paint can do... its built to be strong internally and the inside holds the remains of the body together, the fact its still looking good is a bonus.

DTR-DEVIL; yes it was at modded uk with the previous owner.

ANYWAY; hope thats everyones questions answered, any more im happy to answer too.
also thanyou for the supporting comments.. makes the effort and expense much more worth it

blackjack
08-02-08, 10:18 PM
just an update, this week the wings, bonnet, bumper lights, and engine are coming off. i need to cut off the entire front end from the firewall forward and replace it by the looks of things!

pics to come

dave.gsi
08-02-08, 10:26 PM
how much work would it be to strip the whole thing and put in a new rust free shell?.......................i'm thinking an awfull lot if your sound deadening involves concrete! lol

blackjack
08-02-08, 10:31 PM
turns out the concrete was removed lol!

however the entire inside is box section steel frame with 4 layers (average) of mdf, not to mention filler, paint, foam, fibreglass etc!

removing is totally impossible as its attached (welded / glued / fibreglassed) to the floor, roof, doors, etc, not to mention the fabrication involved with the windscreen / engine and harness modifications, however i have a few tricks up my sleeve... should manage another 2 years out of the beast

BRoadGhost
08-02-08, 11:13 PM
Is it true 11Hz makes you physically sick if loud enough?

dave.gsi
08-02-08, 11:23 PM
is it true 33hz makes a woman do a sex wee?

blackjack
09-02-08, 09:10 AM
BRoadGhostIs u asked,,,, it true 11Hz makes you physically sick if loud enough?

in thory any low frequency can make u sick, only seen it a couple times and this was usually helped by a huge hangover

dave.gsi, u asked,,,, is it true 33hz makes a woman do a sex wee?,

yes very true infact. the last 3 hours of trax was spent dragging women off fro`m everywhere and sitting them on the roof of direct-ice.com's scum van.....here's the vid.... http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=3rWK1c3Y0g4

maxlee
09-02-08, 09:40 AM
The baterys are for winners i got 3 of them in my transit. just one runs a work light (fog light) for over 8 hours how much are they new i gave ?10 for 3 didn't think that was to bad

blackjack
09-02-08, 12:55 PM
where did u get them that cheap? i expect u have a smaller version. what make / model are yours?