PDA

View Full Version : central locking wires HELP !!!!!!!

Ric 16v
21-07-02, 02:45 PM
right, my drivers side central locking motor doesnt work with the alarm remote control but the drivers side one does, to solve this I had a look how my brother's central locking was done with his alarm, the standard motor was still there and there was also a larger one, the same one used for boot release, so I orderd one of those for my central locking and it has two wires, blue and green and the wires to the drivers locking motor there is a brown, brown+white and brown+red is one ot these an earth ??? and which ones do I connect to the blue and green wires on the new central locking motor ?????? PLEASE HELP AS THIS IS PISSING ME OFF !!!!!!

ade
21-07-02, 05:21 PM
brown is earth - brown white and brown red are lock and unlock (makes the solenoid jump in and out) - the best thing to do is put it across your battery (make sure 12v!) and u can then work out which wire makes it close etc...

I had a green and a blue wire on my drivers slave solenoid which is connected to thedrivers door pin via a metal block which is also connected top the switch on the drivers side - what I did was use a connector block and run it in paralell with the passenger one - so that when the alarm is armed, the switch on the drivers door makes the passenger one close and at the same time makes the drivers one close - which in turn keeps the switch shut by pulling the door pin down (basically what the key used to do!) - This then allows you to disconnect the little rod on the door locks making the locks useless (ready for delocking)

I think I put the green wire off brown white (passenger one) and blue wire off brown red. Ran 2 extension cables from the passengers side back across the dash to the drivers side - it worked! (if u can fllow that your a genius!)

The alarm should have 2 wires - run them off the drivers side switch.

Ade