PDA

View Full Version : calling all car electricians or those that know...

ade
29-01-08, 10:08 PM
Right heres a little project for you sparkies out there. I'm not too good with electrics (I know a little but not a lot).

Part of my rebuild involves a boot that will have a MK5 golf boot release level in it. this is basically a big VW badge that lifts up to open the boot. Its a simple microswitch (on off I'm guessing) with 2 pins.

What I need is a wiring diagram that links it to a solenoid and then to the rest of my central locking.

Basically, when the cars unlocked, the boot will be unlocked. And when the cars locked, the boots locked. I'm not bothered about having a remote access unless anyone can be ar$ed adding that...

The microswitch will activate a solenoid to open/close the boot lock.

So - can someone draw a "simple" diagram to show what's needed.

Theres a beer (of 4) in it for the best one...

Cheers!

Ade
:thumb:

novacabrio
29-01-08, 10:10 PM
www.yell.com (http://www.yell.com) look up auto electrician and ask them when wiring up alarm to do it then just make sure you drill the holes for the wires before the painting

Mike
29-01-08, 10:13 PM
Use the trigger live wire from the drivers door soloniod, run it to the live trigger wire on the rear soloniod, then earth out the rear motor to the boot door metal work.

When you activate the drivers door lock, it'll lock the boot to :thumb:

Stuart
30-01-08, 08:38 AM
you can do it with one relay (assuming the microswitch can cope with the current for the solenoid)

for remote opening it would require a little cunningness but not much.

Ade, pm/email me the specs of the solenoid/microswitch/alarm outputs (for the unlocked state and remote opening) and I'll get something knocked up :D