PDA

View Full Version : 1.2 gte

20-07-02, 10:47 PM
Right here is the thing, i might be getting a nova shell which is an unfinished project and has been in the bodyshop (and still is) having a wide-arch kit fitted and a full re-spray.
But i hear the owner is looking to sell it :o now my question is this....
How hard would it be and how much roughly would it cost to buy a 1.2 engine and put it in a gte shell?
The car has everything else from the gte but there is no engine and i could not aford to insure a gte anyway.
So any help/advise would be nice, cheers.

carltoncrazy
21-07-02, 01:10 AM
to be honest fairly easy,
now im not very good with novas,but i would of thought that enigne shuld bolt in.if not weld in new mounts.
but gte injection,1.2 is a carb,unless u use the 1.2 block and have the GTE zorst and GTE inlet,but i dont know weather that would work.
if not your going to have to change the feul pump,i think,
if ya gonna do this i think the best thing to do is get the GTE shell.
and buy a rusty old 1.2 with a good engine.coz then ya can strip it,instead of trecking round breakers all day.
jus a thought.probley rong

Dicko
21-07-02, 01:32 AM
its alot of work, would involve swoping over the fuel tank and fuel lines, and some mods to the engine wiring

ade
21-07-02, 09:20 AM
not worth doing (imo) - your insurance company will still see the base model as a gte and probably charge you extra just for that - regardless of the engine! :(

If you were to put a 1.2 in it, like dicko says, you'll have to faff about changing the electrics, fuel assembly, clutch (possibly) and so on...

Prob best getting a 1.2 and over a period of time mod it up to gte/gsi spec (like I'm doing). :D

ade