PDA

View Full Version : Fuel gauge

:>Brad89<:
28-01-08, 03:00 PM
My fuel gauge has packed up, I think it might be the sender unit, not too sure though:( any ideas?

5T1G
28-01-08, 03:21 PM
I'll be watching this thread closely as mine has gone a bit funny. Only goes up to a 1/4 level when full! Most of the time it shows empty with the little yellow light on!:cry:

What is your Nova...GTE SRI etc

5T1G
28-01-08, 03:24 PM
This might help (gotta keep stoo happy)

http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=83545&highlight=fuel+gauge

No mention of readings like mine thou?

5T1G
28-01-08, 03:25 PM
ahhhhh haaaa

http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6796&highlight=fuel+gauge+reading

Paul
28-01-08, 05:05 PM
have you tried just hitting the dials/dash, as this sometimes sorts them out?

5T1G
28-01-08, 05:08 PM
have you tried just hitting the dials/dash, as this sometimes sorts them out?

lol If you were refering to me then yeslol

Is the tank sender a tank out job or can this be done while the tank is still of the car?

KITT1972
28-01-08, 05:42 PM
It can be done with the tank in. You need to find one first being a gte it will be a bolt in type which are rare if it is a twist in one i have one you can have but it wont be :mad:

:>Brad89<:
29-01-08, 12:50 PM
Mines a mark 1 1.0, dnt take the micky lol its a project, ive tried hitting the dash but that jus tempererally stops the temp gauge from working?!?!:mad:

DTR-DEVIL
29-01-08, 01:37 PM
Mines a mark 1 1.0, dnt take the micky lol its a project, ive tried hitting the dash but that jus tempererally stops the temp gauge from working?!?!:mad:

Congrats on having the worst clocks in the world! :thumb:

meritlover
29-01-08, 04:58 PM

could be a bad connection on the backs of the clocks. have you inspected the sender unit to determine where the fault is lying? if you short the level wire against the earth it should come up to the full markings. if it doesnt theres a broken wire of the gauge is not well. if it does then its the pot inside the tank. more than likely it would maybe be the connection to the sender (on the tank) these are exposes to all violations of road dirts and corrode very well!!!