PDA

View Full Version : XE issues!

Jim Mcrae
28-01-08, 01:13 PM
Kit a wheel that was in the road, was only doing like 5 mph got out saw oil on the ground, drove the car the short journey home, only like 5 miles. Left the car for a day checked the oil and there appeared to be none. Got it taken to a garage, was told there is no oil pressure, could be the crank, engine out job ect. Just wondering what else could be wrong and is it likely to be the crank, have been offered a new one for ?50, i think i can get hold of most engine spares fairly easily. Any help or ideas will be magic.

Thanks

P.s If the engine is coming out i may consider fitting an f20, i have an F16 ATM, is it worth doing, what difference will it make. Cheers

Stuart
28-01-08, 01:24 PM
was it knocking as you drove it?

holes in the sump?

Jim Mcrae
28-01-08, 01:27 PM
it was tappety for sure, not knocking, but the tapping stopped after it had warmed up as it always does.

craig green
28-01-08, 02:04 PM
If the knocking was'nt the usual tapping of the top end tappits etc its possible the oil starvation has scored the bearings on the crank & big end journals.

Unlucky. Its rebuild time.

If it isnt terminal you might get a way with replacing the holed sump & refilling with oil. I ran out my 1st Nova dry of oil accidentally & it started to knock & bang quite badly. I refilled her & covered another 20k.... then sold it.

Jim Mcrae
28-01-08, 03:56 PM
not all good then:(:(

Paul
28-01-08, 05:03 PM
find out if its the top/bottom end thats knocking, then you know where you stand.

Jim Mcrae
29-01-08, 03:26 PM
Well, there is o knocking, but the oil pump is fooked, crank appears to be fine, but i have completely knackerd brakes and brokeen drive shaft, i dont need any welding so gimmie a week and just shy of ?500 it will be back and with a fresh mot,. Credit card is gonna take a beating:(

AlanH
01-02-08, 06:46 PM
Credit card is gonna take a beating:(

LOVE IT!! now thats a nova enthusiast lol