PDA

View Full Version : Side Bumpers HELP!

whitey
20-07-02, 05:29 PM
I want to remove the tacky side bumpers off of my nova, only thing is that I don't want the paint to peel! Coz I don't want to have to respray the car.
So any recomendations as to how to go about it? Heat Gun!? Will this make the glue liquid enough without damaging paintwork in the process and causing it to peel when removing?
Or shall I just leave them on and spray the bloody things?

Help much appreciated!

Cheers Chris :twisted:

ade
20-07-02, 06:14 PM
easy - if its the rubber styff, start on the wing (at an angle) and gently peel it back - roll it back on itself - you can also put very hot soapy water down it.

Alternatively, you can get special glue disolver that wont damage paint (I think 3M make it) - simply spray it into the glue as you peel it back to make it come away freely.

As long as you take your time you'll have no probs.

Ade

whitey
20-07-02, 06:17 PM
Its the hard plastic crap! On the 1.2L Will it work the same way? Using glue disolver?

Cheers

ade
20-07-02, 06:39 PM
ah... unsure - got a feeling thats held in place with clips but I could be wrong.

Have a look in the styling section about 6 pages back, I'm sure there was someone in there looking to do the same thing (think it was hayzsr?).

Sorry m8

Ade
:roll:

carltoncrazy
21-07-02, 12:37 AM
not i was giving ppl it,,i like my rubbers,gives the bird sumting to pull off b4 the paint :evil:
if its plastic is a reall sh** mate,if ther clips then u have to pull out the metal popers on the other side,
but they mite b 9mm bolts,
eith way ya going have to fill the holes in,
really worth doing????????????/dought it