PDA

View Full Version : help, boot wont open.

20SEHnova
27-01-08, 09:05 PM
it stopped opening form the outside so i tried playing with the mechanism from inside the car to no avail. i tried un-bolting the pin that the bolt locks on to to open the boot and then investigate further but it wouldnt open with this unbolted so im a little stuck. thanks, oh and if anyone could include a pic or diagram with the answer would help as ive only just got the car and am newish to novas :thumb:

Lee-170
27-01-08, 11:01 PM
you should just be able to take the trim off and pull the rod if the rod has came off it involes a lot off struggin to flick the catch inside the boot on the actual latch mind your hands on the boot though can come quite sharp inside hope this helps

20SEHnova
27-01-08, 11:16 PM
thanks lee, thats what i tried at first, pulling that rod, but got stressed out when it still woudlnt release so thats why i tried unbolting the pin. ive tried inserting screwdrivers into the mechanism to relase the catch this way also to no avail, its got me stumped really as i was trying for easy 30 mins before i gave in :(.

20SEHnova
28-01-08, 07:52 PM
:) fixed but shattered part of the white plastic part, but it still works fine so im glad at that for now :). just a question though, why does my nova only have one boot lifter, thought all cars had two and theres no hole for the second one either :/

Lee-170
28-01-08, 07:58 PM
mines only got one mate just novas i think how did you fix it mate

20SEHnova
28-01-08, 08:04 PM
well i got to the point where i didnt care if i broke it or not really, so just got the biggest flat headed screwdriver i could find, slotted the flat in vertically and pushed of the metal pin to shatter some of the plastic away. re-assembled any parts that flew off in the process and it works as good as new again :) only cosmetic damage in the end so im happy at that for now untill the stipdown and weldings done :)