PDA

View Full Version : Cheap 60MM lowered suspension Kits

Fenix_2k1
19-07-02, 12:03 PM
I'm looking at getting a cheap (< 250) 60mm (well prob 60 f 40 r) lowering suspension kit at the end of the month.

Just wanting peoples experiences with different kits.

I know Ste Sanders has Jamex (now GMAX) stuff on his and would recommend them but what about other kits e.g. Apex, Online Suspension?

What i want to know is what kit you have and what the ride is like? Bouncy, very stiff, ok except for potholes? Not overly bothered about handling as i would've gone for 35mm in that case. But any wierd handling characteristics?

Also do you get uneven tyre wear and if so how could i fix this?

Cheers

Fenix

Ste_Nova
19-07-02, 12:30 PM
i have spax on my other car and it's too soft

dave.gsi
19-07-02, 12:45 PM
i had apex springs and there rock hard, didn't care though cos it looked cool as fuck. 8)

i think my present nova rides on spax and they are a bit too soft :(

ade
19-07-02, 05:06 PM
Gmax 60mm springs and dampers on my 1.2. Well smart and very firm - but not in an uncomfirtable way!

Only ?210 inc postage and once I got me old suspension off easy to fit too!

:D

Fenix_2k1
21-07-02, 02:46 PM
Looks like Gmax stuff it is.

Desperately needed after a pothole knocked the hell out of whatever was left of my right rear suspension.

Ade 210 inc postage? where from? Cheapest i seen is 214.95 not inc postage.

Breeny
21-07-02, 09:09 PM
Apex stuff is very good quality, a lot of places have stopped selling Gmax and moved over to Apex (dont ask me why) ve had Jamex on my old sr and Apex Racing on my current car, can't really tell much difference to be honest.

Ive heard good things about Kyb shocks if you really on a budget. :)

Rich Dale
23-07-02, 03:22 AM
My mate John loves KYB shocks.....rates them a lot!

I read somewhere that KYB shocks are standard fit on Scoobies....

On my last two novas, I only had springs with standard shocks, and they handled and rode very well.

My Antibes was on Puma springs with standard shocks, but with SR anti-roll bars.
My GTE is on Pi -60 springs with standard GTE gas shocks with the beefier GTE anti-roll bars.
The GTE's ride is not as good as the Antibes was to be honest.....I preferred the Puma springs to these Pi ones!
Handling seams about the same on both.

Next time though, I'd buy a full kit.

ade
23-07-02, 10:54 PM
a motor world type shop in ayr - forget its actual name but its smething like motor performance.

Ade