PDA

View Full Version : Brake Clearance for Speedline Allesios (4pots)

krobinson
26-01-08, 10:19 AM
Hey Folks.

I've currently got a V6 setup for my Nova Turbo, however i've been looking into maybe sourcing a 4 pot kit from hispec, godspeed or wilwood. However from what info i've found, it seems that most people need to run spacers with the kit so that the caliper clear's speedline allesio 2's.

I do not want to run spacers as it'll only cause arch clearance trouble.
Doe's anyknow know a solution, or has anyone had a kit made before to clear the wheels without spacers? Any info would be much appreciated.

Keith

Stoo
26-01-08, 10:21 AM
big chap runs my old set up behind speedlines

308 0r 315mm discs on ally bells, with brembo 4 pots from a seat leon cupra R

krobinson
26-01-08, 10:25 AM
He run's spacers IRRC tho. :(

Nick J
26-01-08, 10:59 AM
I tried the hi spec 300mm kit with 4 pots and its a big no no without spacers keith, maybe best speaking to mark beeson about the custom wilwood setup he had made?

Paul
26-01-08, 04:17 PM
Keith,

I have Wilwood calipers on mine and ran no spacer, they were very close though (rizla paper!).

I do however run spacers now, to clear the SPAX RSX Coilover kit.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v14/lashednova/DSC04327.jpg

Paul

Paul
26-01-08, 04:18 PM
Better pic of my brakes:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v14/lashednova/DSC00124.jpg

Dar
26-01-08, 04:44 PM
I run 288mm (I think) HiSpec Billet4's and don't need to run spacers if I don't want too. The disc is spaced as far back as possible in to the arch to give you maximum clearence on the caliper, although I don't run Allesios. I do however run 3 types of wheel.

Have a look at the HiSpec range because they do all sorts of calipers to over come different problems. Their web-site seems to be broken at the moment though.

Will F
28-01-08, 09:27 AM
We just fitted some 304mm disks (and bells) on a Corsa with Speedlines and they had NO chance!

Even with 10mm spacers! lol (we needed to get it rolling!)

We tried 17s and they didnt even fit (ET42)

My Wilwoods fit though without spacers... it all depends on the width of the disk.. you want it as close to 24mm as poss...