PDA

View Full Version : Boot Lock Barrel Need Help???

RYAN16V
25-01-08, 04:19 PM
Hi Guys

I have a problem with my lock barrel on the boot, my key suddenly stopped working and cant open my boot, i contacted vauxhall direct and all they can offer is a replacement lock with a seperate key!!!

I want everything working on one key though can anyone help without changing all the locks and ignition!!!

Regards

Ryan

craig green
25-01-08, 04:34 PM
Remove the lock barrel, strip it & lube it up.

Mine did this years ago. You can strip out all the sliders inside. The original grease has prbably gone hard & it wont move inside. Grease it up & re-assemble with new fresh grease & take note of the order in which all the sliders sit.

RYAN16V
25-01-08, 06:51 PM
you fancy doing it for me mate i aint a clue how to?

regards

Ryan

Adam
25-01-08, 06:53 PM
Spray wd40 in the boot lock.
Job done

mowgli
25-01-08, 09:42 PM
if you get in thru the back to the boot, you can remove the cover panel & get at the lock. Now this lock will have a number on a label. you could order a new lock to that number (if they still do one)
or you remove the lock (clip) stick the key in it & stick it in a cup of very hot water for 5 mins. that should loosen it up quite well, wiggle the key a few times. remove it from the water & spray some wd40 into the mechanism. it will then need something like vaseline to lube it properly.

craig green
25-01-08, 09:45 PM
Send me the lock & key, Paypal me a fiver & I'l fix it & return. LOL

Adam
25-01-08, 10:15 PM
/\ I'll do it for ?3.50 :p lol

mowgli
25-01-08, 10:44 PM
/\ I'll do it for ?3.50 :p lol

I'll do for ?2 out of spite as long as you pay postagelol