PDA

View Full Version : Crash..

DTR-DEVIL
25-01-08, 12:21 AM
Just been out with my mate. Hes got a Williams Rep 1.8RSi Clio.
Was Having a little fun down the motorway, he came to a bend and just didnt turn. i was sat behind him and i just froze in horror. He was touching a 100! he hit a slopped mud hill then bounced down the road without a Front bumper. Steerings and wheels and fcuked but some how the car didnt stall!

Scary night didnt think they were gonna walk out ok!

[Edit]

Will get some pics 2mo!

Jack
25-01-08, 08:09 AM
He was touching a 100!
http://www.pashnit.com/forum/images/smilies/nono2.gif

Although I suspect he was also touching something of the cloth variety as well lol

Any reason why he didn't turn; mechanical failure, lost control?

Martin
25-01-08, 11:21 AM
maybe he gave up on life?

Welsh Dan
25-01-08, 11:36 AM
Clio driver 1 : Natural selection 0.

Stuart
25-01-08, 11:45 AM
wikkkkkedy bo selecta

Jack
25-01-08, 12:29 PM
Did vtak kick in just as he came to the corner, y0? lol

Nick
25-01-08, 01:03 PM
Don't put the pictures up. I'm sure no-one actually cares !

Martin
25-01-08, 04:13 PM
noo do put them up.. we can have a good laugh..

Riggy
25-01-08, 08:45 PM
shouldnt have been speeding then ,

Stoo
25-01-08, 08:51 PM
my thoughts exactly riggy!

pWn3d

RSi = Really sh1t innit!

Jack
25-01-08, 09:10 PM
Isn't RSi something you get in your wrist when you've done too much wan- typing?

So, diesel Focus' (STD) and Imprezas (STi) give you herpes, and the clio RSi makes you a w'nker. Nice!

Mike
25-01-08, 09:19 PM
shouldnt have been speeding then ,

Agreed, everyones done i know, but becuase ive not crashed at an illegal speed, i feel the need to call your mate a cum chugging anal explorer for his off roading activities :D

Stoo
25-01-08, 09:22 PM
i drove home at about 40mph after brands today lol

Lee
25-01-08, 09:29 PM
i drove home at about 40mph after brands today lol

lol, thats the beauty of trailoring to track days. Afterwards you see all the noobs with their new found Schumacher skills roaring off into the sunset to break their suspension on roundabouts, and I take great pleasure in going as slow as possible just to get on their tits. It must be annoying being held up on the way home by a Nova thats just handed their ass to them on track lol lol

Stoo
25-01-08, 09:30 PM
i gave an elise a serious harassing, but i just didnt feel the need to drive home at dafty miles an hour!

id just given it absolute death all day!

Lee
25-01-08, 09:33 PM
i gave an elise a serious harassing, but i just didnt feel the need to drive home at dafty miles an hour!

id just given it absolute death all day!

The words of a sensible track user.

Ill never forget when I went to watch Fast and Furious at the cinema when it came out many years ago. We saw 3 accidents on the way home, and one happened at the exit of the car park lol

Complete and total FAIL.

Stoo
25-01-08, 09:35 PM
the fact i was trying to get my average MPG up from 7.3MPG had nothing to do with it honestly!!

but as i said, time and a place for it!

mowgli
25-01-08, 10:02 PM
I know its been a few years since I drove in kent, but I don't remember a single bend on the Mways that would be even tricky at a ton. Location please!!

Lee
25-01-08, 10:07 PM
lol, this is a good point. There are hardly any hairpins!

Mike
25-01-08, 10:09 PM
I only know of one bend on any motorway that is near suicide at 100+ Mph, that would be the bend just after J15 M6 or even the J15 exit! Thats suicide at 70 lol lol

mowgli
25-01-08, 10:19 PM
I only know of one bend on any motorway that is near suicide at 100+ Mph, that would be the bend just after J15 M6 or even the J15 exit! Thats suicide at 70 lol lol

Are you referring to Keele? the exit is damned sharp on j15, you should try it in an artic....

By the way, go west on the m69 towards coventry & take the m6 north exit. its the biggest helter skelter in england. off camber left hand turn & its fun at 50 in the wet

Jack
25-01-08, 11:59 PM
There's an amusing corner at the end of the M5 in Exeter, I remember trying to undertake Grant round that at some daft speed after the last SW meet. Hairy lol

mowgli
26-01-08, 12:10 AM
There's an amusing corner at the end of the M5 in Exeter, I remember trying to undertake Grant round that at some daft speed after the last SW meet. Hairy lol

The first time I went south on the m5 in a truck, was to take an empty potato trailer to lands end from Leicester for walkers crisps, I remember that bend. It was in 1996, I think the skid marks may have faded now.......

benzie1988
26-01-08, 02:08 PM
as stated in the thread no need for speed to be honest but the good thing is your mate is all ok part from shaken up, which that will last with him all his life! just god help yaselves and others that you have learnt from the speed that you both were traveling at and you both dont do it again as god knows what would have happend if he had collected another car, a mother, a farther, grandad, grandmar these people would have been innocent just think how their family's would have moved on just through someone geting a rush from speed! sorry for the rant but just save it for the tracks!

Lee
26-01-08, 02:22 PM
The slough exit, think its J7 onto the M4 eastbound. Thats farking sharp. Doesnt just catch out inexperienced drivers either, ive seen an ambulance on its side there before, and id hazzard a guess theres an off there at least once a week :)

Jack
26-01-08, 03:40 PM
farther
http://www.rikomatic.com/photos/uncategorized/2007/04/24/goldmember_1280x960.jpg

Stoo
26-01-08, 04:02 PM
coming out of basingstoke towards the ring road there is a seeeeerious left hander that goes on for ever, thats a catcher

and coming off the M3 j4a i thinkthat catches ppl out too

smcgsi16v
26-01-08, 10:54 PM
coming out of basingstoke towards the ring road there is a seeeeerious left hander that goes on for ever, thats a catcher

and coming off the M3 j4a i thinkthat catches ppl out too

The bend by the AA building?

If so that used to be part of the course in the old "Basingstoke R R challenge", tis a good corner.

the one at j4a only catches out numties who can't drive.

The best road is the Alton - Basingstoke road driven at night with no lights, you want to try that one. :thumb:

Jack
26-01-08, 11:40 PM
http://www.celica-club.co.uk/forum/style_emoticons/default/worthless.gif

Philsutton
27-01-08, 12:34 PM
100mph + into a corner on the road = ownage.

DTR-DEVIL
27-01-08, 01:28 PM
The corner was the first one leaving Herne bay going towards Margate. Dont know the road name but it the One Just before the roman Galley. If anyone ever watched the Only fools and horse's episode with the roman galley in it! It was litterally right next to that.

The idiot is now driving a 1.2 Corsa b auto

mowgli
27-01-08, 03:11 PM
The corner was the first one leaving Herne bay going towards Margate. Dont know the road name but it the One Just before the roman Galley. If anyone ever watched the Only fools and horse's episode with the roman galley in it! It was litterally right next to that.

The idiot is now driving a 1.2 Corsa b auto

So it wasn't on the motorway then?

DTR-DEVIL
27-01-08, 04:16 PM
So it wasn't on the motorway then?

it was on the motorway, but the roman galley is built on the side of it!
Using the Power of Google earth, I can show the path the Rsi took!

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d168/gyrojosh/untitled-1.jpg

:thumb:

J4MES
28-01-08, 09:49 AM
how the feck did he crash there!!! Its hardly a slight curve let alone a 'corner!!'

Stoo
28-01-08, 09:55 AM
wat a n00b

benzie1988
10-02-08, 10:23 AM
how the heck well not looking i think i can say!

mowgli
10-02-08, 11:20 AM
it was on the motorway, but the roman galley is built on the side of it!
Using the Power of Google earth, I can show the path the Rsi took!

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d168/gyrojosh/untitled-1.jpg

Where I come from, that is the A299 & IT IS NOT A MOTORWAY!!!!!!!!!
the junction is NOT A MOTORWAY JUNCTION, & your mate in his painted up 'williams replica' clio shouldn't even be allowed to drive sheep.

BigStan
10-02-08, 03:29 PM
We getting any pics of the crash then ?

DTR-DEVIL
10-02-08, 05:34 PM
Where I come from, that is the A299 & IT IS NOT A MOTORWAY!!!!!!!!!
the junction is NOT A MOTORWAY JUNCTION, & your mate in his painted up 'williams replica' clio shouldn't even be allowed to drive sheep.

Well were i come from small details about roads dont matter,
He crashed. End of! :thumb:

and pics.. aint seen they guy in a while. Although i think the rather large chunk he dug up from the small mound (Im making sure im correct here!) is still there.

meritlover
10-02-08, 05:37 PM
it is idiots like that who make insurance premiums higher for young drivers, i would kick him in the stones.

DTR-DEVIL
10-02-08, 05:41 PM
it is idiots like that who make insurance premiums higher for young drivers, i would kick him in the stones.

and so you should, but he didnt crash into anyone, he hasnt made a claim. Im almost certain he's scapping the Sh!t piece. So Insurance Premiums are not gonna rise because of it.

Philsutton
10-02-08, 06:02 PM
Just because he didnt kill anyone this time doesnt mean it wont happen again and then next time wipe out a whole family. Thats the problem, people like that think they are gods of driving, doesnt matter if you drive or not all it takes is for a little bit of oil on the road an its game over your for an someone else. but by that time its too late to change your ways.

DTR-DEVIL
10-02-08, 06:05 PM
But it could be argued that a bit of oil could "game over" any of us?

Philsutton
10-02-08, 06:08 PM
yes but going 100mph into a corner is stupid period, at slower speeds it would be easier to control. Same as ice, I have no sypmathy anyone that crashes in the snow ice as im sick of seeing people drive at mach 4 into corners an wonder why they are upside down in a field. At little bit of common sense wouldnt do any harm.

nov4801
10-02-08, 07:28 PM
joys of driving a french piece of s**t

DTR-DEVIL
10-02-08, 10:59 PM
yes but going 100mph into a corner is stupid period, at slower speeds it would be easier to control. Same as ice, I have no sypmathy anyone that crashes in the snow ice as im sick of seeing people drive at mach 4 into corners an wonder why they are upside down in a field. At little bit of common sense wouldnt do any harm.
yer, i agree. Oh well hes paid the price, lucky enough no one was hurt. :thumb:

mowgli
11-02-08, 08:58 PM
I've just re-read your first post.......

He was 'doing 100' and lost it on a dual carriageway, & you were following him 'having fun'

I think you deserve just as much abuse as he did.

And it matters that it was not a motorway. I am actually legally licenced to build roads & your mate could have quite safely been doing 100 on a regular motorway (even though it is illegal to do 100) because the motorway has finely set limits for camber, curve radius & road surface grip level. A dual carriageway is built to whatever the local council feel like doing at the time, the junctions and exits can be any shape, the embankments can be very small.

DTR-DEVIL
11-02-08, 10:08 PM
I've just re-read your first post.......

He was 'doing 100' and lost it on a dual carriageway, & you were following him 'having fun'

I think you deserve just as much abuse as he did.

And it matters that it was not a motorway. I am actually legally licenced to build roads & your mate could have quite safely been doing 100 on a regular motorway (even though it is illegal to do 100) because the motorway has finely set limits for camber, curve radius & road surface grip level. A dual carriageway is built to whatever the local council feel like doing at the time, the junctions and exits can be any shape, the embankments can be very small.

Id like to see my 1990 4 speed nova touch a 100 without a hill! tbh im not her to argue, he crashed!?:wtf: im afraid i cant get pics, hes scrapped it.
not much more point of this thread, unless you have nothing better to do than point out to me what a road is.