PDA

View Full Version : Braided Hoses

Nova_Tek
24-01-08, 08:47 PM
Im looking for a set of braided brake hoses for my Nova for when I fit the ATE 16v calipers.

Do I need specific ones to fit a Nova with Astra brakes or will standard Nova set do?

Where is the best and cost effective place to get them from?

Need to get them, the cheaper the better, as always.

:thumb:

R1CH
24-01-08, 09:20 PM
Just std braided lines for a Nova, cheapest place (afaik) is Rally Design www.raldes.com

bola
25-01-08, 10:07 PM
i cant find the ones for mk2's or are mk1's & 2's the same?

Welsh Dan
25-01-08, 11:09 PM
They're all the same fitment, however some seem to be a different length, if your car isnt lowered then dont bother.

adam c
25-01-08, 11:14 PM
i got mine from rally design as well.they were the cheapest place i found but remember to add vat on top as they dont add vat onto the price.im also running ate calipers and they fit fine

Adam
26-01-08, 02:34 PM
I got mine from Ebay, cheapest around.

Dont expect to see any gain from them tho.

bola
26-01-08, 08:06 PM
whats the point in them then? Just for looks?

Nova_Tek
26-01-08, 08:09 PM
if theres no gain mite aswell just buy std rubber ones from vaux or factors.

I assume std nova rubber brake hose ends fit the ATE caliper?

Thanks

Steve
26-01-08, 08:17 PM
whats the point in them then? Just for looks?
They wont perish like rubber ones do

Nova_Tek
26-01-08, 08:28 PM
True but the ones on my car are 22 years old original items and dont look perished at all.

So if these new ruber ones last half that time still good going. Most probably cheaper too.

Adam
26-01-08, 08:57 PM
if theres no gain mite aswell just buy std rubber ones from vaux or factors.

I assume std nova rubber brake hose ends fit the ATE caliper?

Thanks
Even the standard ones are ?7-?10 each, so the cost is similar.

Steve
26-01-08, 11:09 PM
Ive got to do mine at somepoint, there was a project on mig where the guy was replacing his rubbers for braided hoses and even though they looked fine and they passed an mot if you bend them you will probably find out that they're perished by now.

My novas 20 years old so are probably better off upgrading them at the same time.

sr jack
27-01-08, 03:01 AM
my mate dave got some v6 brakes and if you watch the brake lines when he presses the pedal the rubber pipes exspand which causes spongynes . braided hoses dont budge under high preasure and you should sertonly notice the difference. also use dot 5.1 brake fluid it has a higher boiling point than dot four so there should hardly any fade:)