PDA

View Full Version : 5dr saloon

carltoncrazy
18-07-02, 10:53 PM
hi,
got a mate whos got a nova saloon,mk1.
what can you do body kit wise to it?
do GTE rear bumpers just bolt on.
also how much is it to get it de handled?
thzxs ian.
p,s plez give us some ideas,or if ya done one yaself,plz send us some pixs

mc glenn
19-07-02, 02:09 PM
i have a sorted saloon ,the gte front bumper will fit but the back one on the saloon is longer round the side of the car :twisted:

carltoncrazy
19-07-02, 03:22 PM
if ya can can you get me some pixs,i just want some idea to through at him really.
but in my head i can imagian they look pretty good

carltoncrazy
19-07-02, 04:02 PM
so what can be done with that plastic bar they call a bumper?

Fester
19-07-02, 10:38 PM
i think the mk2 saloon bumper is a bit deeper?

Fenix is the one to get hold of really with saloon questions

locky
20-07-02, 11:03 AM
Iv de-handled my car, all u gota do is take off the handles, grind the recess where the handle was, the fill it with fibre glass filler, till flush, wont take long, cheaper than paying som1 to do it!!

apples
20-07-02, 03:30 PM
we de handle cars for around ?50 a door, but thats with a patch welded in the recess first.

carltoncrazy
21-07-02, 11:33 AM
so has any one got pixs of a sorted 5dr??/??

Fenix_2k1
21-07-02, 04:34 PM
I imagine you mean 4 door.

if you want ideas check out this site.

http://www.novabug.co.uk/SaloonPics.html

Got some ideas on there but remember most of this is theory rather than practice.

The real prob (well challenge as i see it) is the back bumper as there are no rear bumpers ready made. So it's out with the hacksaw,fibreglass and filler if you want to change the back end.

Front end mk1 not all that much you can do eitherf put gte bumper on or source a ford granada splitter and put it on bottom of a mk1 sr bumper. You could upgrade to mk2 bumpers (inc gsi) but tbh mk2 bumpers with mk1 front end don't look too hot.

De handling can be quite costly. I wouldn't go the filler route as it will no doubt crack in the near future. Gotta really be done by a pro.

Are you talking about doing all 4 doors or just rear 2? if it's all 4 you'll need to sort out solenoids and stuff to pop front doors (at least). The kits can be bought from www.venommotorsport.com for 45 quid or you could speak to Lancy as he apparently knows a cheaper way to achieve this.

carltoncrazy
21-07-02, 05:34 PM
well he was just thinking about the read doors,but after seeing those pix,saloons can look good.
me change my mind bout saloons now.
id have 1

carltoncrazy
21-07-02, 05:50 PM
was there ever an esate?

Fenix_2k1
21-07-02, 11:18 PM
Nope the estate is just a mock up.

Yeah saloons can look good which is why i decided to modify one. just takes a bit more effort than a hatchback as theres not as many modified parts (try getting hold of an alloy fuel cap).

There seems to be an influx of people start to modify saloons at the moment. Which with my modifying luck seems to be par for the course.

Be different, get copied.

carltoncrazy
22-07-02, 01:07 PM
yeh i agree.
its a mate whos gonna do it so i think know him it will end up witha 2016v knowing him,
the one i was thinking of doing was a mk2 esate caviler.
jet back
18" alloys,
twin tail pipe.
black windos
and as low as u can go
with a ax spoiler.
look proper funny and imagian how much radio u could get init