PDA

View Full Version : V6 blocks

Mike
23-01-08, 08:21 PM
Within the next 3 months, ill be converting a Vectra GSi from a 2.5 V6 to a 3.2 V6, one of the conditions is I dispose of the Vectra engine.

However, its the later style V6 engine with the mad grey/silvery branch style plenums. Now the head of said disposing engine is as good as sold, ill be left with the block & gearbox and any associated loomage & ECU.

Do the old style V6 heads/top ends fit onto the newer style bottom ends? So i could make this engine a "runner" so to speak, therefore, useable?

Mike.

John
23-01-08, 08:27 PM
yes mike, as far as i'm aware c25xe heads fit on the x25xe. Chap at work just bought some vectra gsi heads (same as lesser spec v6 apart from the cams) for ?40 delivered off e-bay.

Mike
23-01-08, 08:37 PM
yes mike, as far as i'm aware c25xe heads fit on the x25xe. Chap at work just bought some vectra gsi heads (same as lesser spec v6 apart from the cams) for ?40 delivered off e-bay.

Music to my ears John :thumb: the Cav needs a new engine you see :D bottom end failure lol or could just find a suitable Nova/Corsa/Tigra shell....

Timmy
24-01-08, 12:44 AM
mike get on here there one or two lad who know the vec engine like there own hand. and why the 3.2 not the cheaper 30 ?
WWW.allvec.co.uk

craig green
24-01-08, 09:37 AM
Perhaps he's found a 3.2 Tim.

Mike
24-01-08, 07:07 PM
mike get on here there one or two lad who know the vec engine like there own hand. and why the 3.2 not the cheaper 30 ?
WWW.allvec.co.uk (http://www.allvec.co.uk)

I use VVOC Tim :thumb: as does my future brother inlaw who owns said GSi :D dont know why he's gone for a 3.2 TBH, prolly just what ever hes found, but i do know the engine is coming direct from a recon engine company tho.

mikey14sr
24-01-08, 08:01 PM
The 3.2 is reputed to be a better engine apparently, though the trick with the 3.0 is that it's the same bore as the C20LET, and a few people have been playing with fitting the turbo pistons and 1 or 2 whoosh machines!