PDA

View Full Version : XE/F20 clutch problem

Lee H
23-01-08, 01:13 PM
Hi all,

I've just changed my gearbox from an F16 to an F20 and at the same time I decided to swap the pot flywheel for the flat type flywheel.

I used a flat type cover plate (nearly new), the friction plate I was using on the pot flywheel and the F16 release bearing and put it all back together.

Now when i'm driving the clutch is slipping at low revs if I give it a lot of throttle and the bite point on the pedal is right near the top. It exactly like the friction plate has worn out but it worked fine on the other flywheel.

Any ideas?

Cheers

mikey14sr
23-01-08, 02:07 PM
Cable adjustment needed?

John
23-01-08, 03:10 PM
Flat fly been skimmed?

Paul
23-01-08, 05:24 PM
When i tried using this setup on my turbo it never felt right.

fearless
23-01-08, 07:13 PM
Wrong friction plate ?

Lee H
23-01-08, 09:32 PM
Flat fly been skimmed?

Was a thought but doesn't look like it, if you could tell by looking :confused:

Wrong friction plate ?

Is the friction plate the same for the pot and flat flywheels?

Lee H
23-01-08, 09:33 PM
Cable adjustment needed?

Tried that but struggle to select gear when I adjust it.

_JH_
23-01-08, 10:46 PM
Have you tried loosening the cable right off? if the biting point is too high, then providing it's not worn, the cable is too tight. Check the cable fitment again, then loosen it off a little

Lee H
24-01-08, 07:54 AM
Have you tried loosening the cable right off? if the biting point is too high, then providing it's not worn, the cable is too tight. Check the cable fitment again, then loosen it off a little

Tried that and thats when I can't select gears, i'm assuming because the clutch isn't releasing properly after i've adjusted it?

mikey14sr
24-01-08, 08:18 PM
Sounds like a different friction plate is needed to me if it can't be adjusted to work right.