PDA

View Full Version : electric cavalier aerial in a nova?

Dave.
21-01-08, 08:38 PM
chatting to jack just now, about aerials, and we got thinking, could an electric ariel from say a cavalier be fitetd to a novas front wing, and say be wired up so that at the flick of a switch say under the dash it rises up, rather than having to climb out and pull the sodding thing up?

Jack
21-01-08, 08:49 PM
Best way IMO to do it would be wire in the aerial as per normal, but have a switch on the aerial feed from the head unit, thats what I've done on my Celica.

As for aerial choice, I guess you'd need to find one that would sit right on the nova wing. Can't remember where cav one is, the back? The base might be a bit angled for a nova.

Dave.
21-01-08, 08:53 PM
cav ones are in the rear yeas, but iirc if your carefull you can rmeove the novas standard ariel gromit and replace it so itll sit flush to the wing, then either cable tie it in place or make up a metal bracket to hold it

mowgli
21-01-08, 08:53 PM
the electric aerial usually pops up when the radio is switched on. there is usually a wire for it poking out of the back of the radio.
you could fit a separate switch but it would be a pain to keep doing. go to Halfords & have a look at new ones, there isn't much room under a nova wing