PDA

View Full Version : MK1 SR choke issues,

hc coupe
21-01-08, 06:36 PM
Hi again!:roll:

My car wont run on tick over, it just slowly runs out of Rev?s and gives up when its cold.

I?ve had a fiddle with the choke knob and it just spin?s around freely (That?s if it?s meant to spin to change it :( ) because I?ve gave it a tug and it won?t pull out. So I don?t know?

It?s on twin carb?s (if this makes a difference) so where should I look to see if it?s connected or not?

HUGE THANKS AGAIN,

Tom

General Baxter
21-01-08, 06:41 PM
as in twin 40's?

hc coupe
21-01-08, 06:55 PM
Yes mate...Twin 40 dellorto carbs

mikey14sr
21-01-08, 08:44 PM
Shouldn't really need the choke connected, just give it a little blip on the pedal now and then untill it idles naturally, works fine for 90+% of T40 runners.

Dexter
21-01-08, 11:35 PM
Yeah same mate im running the same setup on 1300cc SR without the choke. I tried to run it with the choke at first but had soo many issues. You will find that if you **** the choke off and control the throttle for a good 30 secs to a min then the car will naturally idle itself after that time without a choke.

If it wont idle after its warmed up then the problem lies with the fuel mixture i.e too rich so it floods or too lean so that it starves or air mixture again similar consequences. Might possibly be ignition issues really too check the usual stuff like sparkers and leads etc.