PDA

View Full Version : clear clusters + fog lamp

Nova1.6
18-07-02, 10:23 AM
ive heard sumwhere that if u have non-standard clusters u need an extra fog lamp as it aint in the cluster? That Matt guy who had his silver nover in Fastcar(or other mag) didnt have an extra fog lamp? So do u need an extra fog lamp or does it come in the clusters?
Neil

?Marty?
18-07-02, 03:50 PM
In some you need one and in some it's already there. But to make it fully road legal you have to have red reflectors displayed on the rear of the car (which normally come with the light clusters, and u just stick them on for the MoT. Then remove afterwards :wink: ).

Nova1.6
18-07-02, 03:57 PM
oh right, so i can just plonk sum clear light clusters in and sick on reflectors wen it comes to MOT time?

dave.gsi
18-07-02, 04:04 PM
the lights don't come with red reflecters (well mine didn't an i paid ?100 for em!) all u gotta do is paint your foglight bulb red and then it shines the right colour. as for reflecters.....i didn't bother doing anything and they passed the mot even though they reflect white

?Marty?
19-07-02, 12:51 AM
My lights came with red reflectors. I paid ?100 also.

nathanl
19-07-02, 08:39 AM
Surely if you need a fog light for the m.o.t then the plod could get funny about it if you don't have one on there and they pull you ?

dave.gsi
19-07-02, 12:54 PM
the foglight is there......it just shines the wrong colour so all u gotta do is fit a red bulb or paint it red to make it legal