PDA

View Full Version : digidash problem and interesting fact!

L33 LEG
21-01-08, 12:32 PM
me and my mates fitted a digi to my nova last night, we were taking it straight from another nova so we thought itd be dead simple tbh, however we came across some wires on the nova transducer. the colours matched to the astra one :confused: meaning that there is no need to swap transducer over and messing about with extra wires, this may only be for late SRis and GSis but me and my mates had never heard of this before, is it common knowledge?

anyway back to my dash, once the ignition is on and engine is off or the lights are off the dash lights up, but if im driving with lights on i cant see anything, why will this be? in the other nova it worked fine. oh and my speedo isnt working but think that might be of a snapped wire, hopefully.

Iain
21-01-08, 01:06 PM
but if im driving with lights on i cant see anything

Does that mean the backlights of the digidash turn off when you put your lights on? Or is it just when you're driving? Or you can't see anything at all anywhere?

My 1.4i had one of those gearbox senders with 3 wires coming off it but I sold it before I ever got to test if it worked with a digidash. If you wired the digidash up to that then I'd try the proper transducer and see if you then get a speed reading using that.

L33 LEG
21-01-08, 01:10 PM
before bolting the transducer back down it worked when turning it by hand so i reckon whilst 'struggling' to get it back down into place a wire has come off it.

and i meant that once the lights are on but engine is off, the dash lights up but as soon as u turn the engine on the digi lights go off if the car lights are on.

L33 LEG
21-01-08, 01:11 PM
and in the end we did use the nova transducer as we cudnt be bothered finding out where one of the wires ended up. we think it was in the ecu tho

alan b
21-01-08, 03:48 PM
those wires are for the ecu. if you cut them it wont idle properly when you stop. itll run rich on overrun and your rev limiter will be all over the place. just splice them is your best bet.

Riggy
21-01-08, 04:27 PM
and they dont all wprk the speedo correctly , it will run some dash's but as there are loads of types some will display the wrong speed ,

try stick to the dash's transducer

Adam
21-01-08, 04:35 PM
Youve wired up the grey/green wires on the dash.
Hence it going dull with the lights switched on.
Remove the wires.

Also, the nova transducer works but your speedo is wrong as it sends the wrong amount of pulses to the dash.

L33 LEG
22-01-08, 03:14 AM
its all working now. thanks for the replies :)