PDA

View Full Version : alloy steering rack mounts?

greg1.4
21-01-08, 08:24 AM
what is the purpose of them?lol

are the stronger than the steel? do they make it handle better?

i dont know if i should fit alloy rack mounts or the standard steel mounts with polybushes in behind them?

meritlover
21-01-08, 09:30 AM
i see no gains to be had. it is the rubbers that take the load of the rack anyway so far better would be to keep the steel ones and fir polybush where your 15yo bushes used to be.

Austin_Nova16
21-01-08, 02:02 PM
Merit... the gains the the alloy ones (where you don't use the rubber bushes) are that there is no movement in the rack.

craig green
21-01-08, 02:26 PM
On a very modified car/shell I'm sure the weaknesses of the std mounts & rubbers are highlighted. On a typical road car I doubt the benefits will be noticed.

Stuart
21-01-08, 02:57 PM
On a very modified car/shell I'm sure the weaknesses of the std mounts & rubbers are highlighted. On a typical road car I doubt the benefits will be noticed.

even on a very well prepped shell I bet you wouldnt notice them being std rubber/steel mounts...

in short, it appears to not be worth it.

Welsh Dan
21-01-08, 03:36 PM
The main purpose is SHINY!, if thats important to you, then yes they're worth it.

mikey14sr
21-01-08, 09:04 PM
Spending money for the sake of it imo, so long as the rubbers are in good nick, and the brackets done up properly, and the rest of the steering in good order, I agree with Stuart in that I doubt you'll notice the difference.