PDA

View Full Version : Gauges !!!!!!!!

GRUNT 16V
21-01-08, 08:01 AM
As above where the hell should i mount them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????:confused:
I have mk2 dash and i do NOT want pilar mounted chav crap!!!! i would prefer a near to factory finish any help or photos would be great !!!!
oooo i have 2 gauges oil pressure and volt and they are electric!!!

hybridturbo
21-01-08, 09:01 AM
Custom Steering column surround or replace the heater controls with gauges :D

meritlover
21-01-08, 09:42 AM
perhaps Mr Grunt, you could make a blank plate for your radio and fit them in there?
you can purchase blanking plates from motor factors for only few pounds. then dril them out to suit the gauges. the nice thing is that the dash reamins un-hacked/un-molested/ un violated by gauges and can be another one bought if you make a bad cutting first time!

please

Lee
21-01-08, 01:22 PM
Mount them to the scuttle panel next to the wipers. Nowhere near the dash then :)

Jack
21-01-08, 01:31 PM
Blank out the centre dash vents and mount them there? How big are the dials?

craig green
21-01-08, 01:42 PM
I have a boost gauge in the RH speaker grille in mine. Thats 1 taken care of.

The best I can suggest for 2 gauges is to remove the ash tray/12v power source (LOL) & replace with a late Calibra gauge pod & have them in there.

Remount the fag lighter in the side of the console or inside the glove box???

[edit]: You are so right about pillar pods being chavvy.

Jack
21-01-08, 02:00 PM
[edit]: You are so right about pillar pods being chavvy.
I wanted a dual-pod pillar mount on my celica :(

Hmm, you could butcher a pillar mount to make a little standalone unit, and stick it on the little coin tray above the centre vents. That would look quite cool.

Stoo
21-01-08, 02:10 PM
thats mine in a DIN blanking plate
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y293/Novastyla/Ibiza%20Cupra%20-%20KF54SZN/Image091.jpg

craig green
21-01-08, 02:16 PM
sore looking knob!

Stoo
21-01-08, 02:17 PM
i know
i hate it!

craig green
21-01-08, 02:19 PM
I wanted a dual-pod pillar mount on my celica :(

In most cases they just obscure vision & are usually just another pointless pocket money accessory, in my opinion. ;) If you have a turbo/decent engine to keep an eye on & have gauges that arent 'Type R' or similar then I certainly didnt mean to berate them.
For me though, an A pillar is the last place I'd want a stack of gauges. :thumb:

GRUNT 16V
21-01-08, 03:01 PM
They are 52mm vdo units!!!

Stoo
21-01-08, 03:05 PM
mines a 52mm too mate

GRUNT 16V
21-01-08, 03:10 PM
thought about putting them where the heater controls are. but how would i use the heating!! as this is a road car not a track weapon. I dont want to hack the hell out of my dash either .help me!!!

meritlover
21-01-08, 05:07 PM
if its not for the track. why do you want a voltmeter and oil presure gauges? most people dont even know what theyre looking at anyway. its all about show and not about go with some nova lovers. theres just no passion to build a proper engine for fast race and competition any more. not like in the old days :(
if your that bothered. then use a set of GTE/GSI clocks. and wire it up with the OE transducer.

happy nova'ing
be safe!!

craig green
21-01-08, 05:09 PM
Grant, read my 1st reply. (page 1)