PDA

View Full Version : 1.4sr please have a look and help

southard
20-01-08, 07:48 PM
i have a 1.4sr and yesterday it started making this knocking noise and sounds lika a machiene gun at high revs and is really loud this morning i have started it and its still knoking and i have no acceleration and when i try to move my car it just dies even if i top rev it to do like a wheel spin it will just die it sound like its coming from the top of my engine and is extremely loud could this be my top end gone also if it is my top end could i put a 1.2spi top end on a 1.4 sr but change the injecter on the 1.2spi to the 1.4 sr carb so all i have is the head on there please let me know asap the 1.2 spi is out of a corsa and i have the whole engine but i really want to keep the 1.4sr as its faster please help me

staggy_gsi
20-01-08, 09:22 PM
sounds like it could have dropped a valve or broke a rocker. thats about all i can tell you without hearing it like.....

southard
21-01-08, 01:08 PM
come on please help dont know what to do

*Dave*
21-01-08, 01:33 PM
same as what (staggy gsi) said^^^

craig green
21-01-08, 01:39 PM
Take it to a garage FFS. You clearly have no idea & we'd be magicians if we were genuinely able to diagnose engine faults over the net without pictures or decent video footage.

meritlover
21-01-08, 05:00 PM
if the power is just dropping off it could be just a tappet that is jammed open and not filling with oil pressure.
yes you could change the head but it wouldnt be of much use ass the 1.2 spi head is made of pants. wont match your manifolds well either but if that is all you have available and ur a desparate man......
failing that strip the head and look. you could use the tappets from the spi head if that is indeed the failure.... you might be able to swap valves if they are bent but i cannot remember if these are interchangable. probably not.
please.

southard
21-01-08, 05:15 PM
would a 1.4spi be better

southard
21-01-08, 05:16 PM
would a 1.4 spi be better

meritlover
21-01-08, 05:22 PM
saying it twice does not make it so. an SR/SRI head would be better, there like doorstops.

FUSION X16XE
21-01-08, 05:33 PM
my mate snaped a valve and it ran the same, top speed of about 20mph, so id say uve been ragging it mate lol and yes a garage would be a good idea.

mikey14sr
21-01-08, 09:01 PM
Either, snapped cam follower, broken/bent/seized valve, Head gasket failure, or lack of oil.

m.d.
23-01-08, 12:14 PM
get the head of have a look. Sounds like you've bounced the valves a bit hard.