PDA

View Full Version : fuel supply on a xe from carbs

philly
20-01-08, 07:14 PM
after searching through the pages i found on search. it does work!!

this is how i have come to imagine it will happen when changine from carbs to injection tank

can anyone verify it for me, excuse the piss poor picture!

and the some questions.

1.are the wires the right way round on the pump?

2.where have people earthed it to?

3.obviously also read that you can use 8mm copper pipe for the line, does this include the line from the tank to the pump or is it just the pump to th engine?

4.and also can i connect the wire from near the plug or does it have to be further into the loom?

cheers

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f260/plip_plop/other%20pictures/pumpwiring.jpg

philly
20-01-08, 08:50 PM
anyone yet?

Lee
20-01-08, 08:59 PM
1.are the wires the right way round on the pump? One of the terminals will be marked +ve, thats where you want to attach the red/blue

2.where have people earthed it to? Anywhere on the chassis, be sure to seal it up afterwards to prevent rust.

3.obviously also read that you can use 8mm copper pipe for the line, does this include the line from the tank to the pump or is it just the pump to th engine? Just from pump to engine, via rubber fuel hose. So Tank, Rubber hose, Pump, Rubber hose, Filter, Rubber hose, Copper lines lol.

4.and also can i connect the wire from near the plug or does it have to be further into the loom? Anywhere AFTER the fuel pump relay.

philly
20-01-08, 09:03 PM
thats abit of a crazy one number 3!

cheers fella.