PDA

View Full Version : central locking

carltoncrazy
17-07-02, 09:15 PM
yay i found my car got centrel locking,
long story.
bascial all door trim off etc,and on the drive side if u push it down or up,the lil chip thing under the dash makes the clicking noise,but the other door dont work.
help wots wrong.it may not have an MOT but i want it sorted so i can press the but on the alarm and they pop up

spanishfly
17-07-02, 10:24 PM
take solenoid off put it direct to batt power if it works then it's ok! if not then u need a new solenoid!
if ok check fuses plus wiring!

carltoncrazy
17-07-02, 11:02 PM
took it apart earlyer,and the motor jus dont move,
so i need a new unit.
are these expensive.
i check the wiring fuses first,
coz i done thing b4 where ive rplaced things and its jus been a fuse,duh

neiloakley
17-07-02, 11:42 PM
if it's gunna run off you alarm then you will only need a slave motor. These are usually around ten wuid down my way. I got a spare one if you want it? About a year old.

ade
18-07-02, 12:33 AM
yep motors gone. ?10 from maplins - need one for drivers door as this only has the switch that activates the passenger door.

To wire into alarm, need alarm with remote keyfob arm/disarm (and a spare button unless vauxhall fitted alarm which usually comes with extensions of basic unit to add to windows, doors etc... like mine did)

Ade

carltoncrazy
21-07-02, 01:04 AM
right as it was f*Ck i decided to take it apart to see how it works,(only way i learn)
ne hows the casing is gone,so how much is it for the new unit?r they the same for all vauxhalls?

ade
21-07-02, 09:24 AM
maplins - bout ?10 (depends on how many wires came out of the original one).

Scrappy - free if your lucky or ?5 max.

volvo ones work - all early model vauxhalls (cav, carton etc...)
if at a scrappy, you'll prob need to drill the rivets out of the doors to get it free.

carltoncrazy
21-07-02, 11:22 AM
so when u say a tenner from maplins,is it the complete unit ready to bolt in?
ave to take it to the scapp and try n get one thats the same

ade
21-07-02, 05:25 PM
unsure m8 - its possibly a replacement that u fit into the existing casing.

I have never actually bought one - but read a post on the styling forum about a montha ago from a guy with a similar problem.

I'd try a scrappy 1st meself

Ade