PDA

View Full Version : SPEAKERS front and back

twistysnovagte
20-01-08, 07:13 PM
first of all id like to ask your opinion on replacing the standard speakers in the rear(either side of the parcel shelf) im also thinking of replacing the speakers in the dash but is this gonna be a ball ache, finaly what size in cm speakers do i need:confused: :thumb:

Welsh Dan
20-01-08, 10:14 PM
Both sets are 10cm diameter.

Personally I'd fit some 13cm ones in the doors, rather than replace the dash ones directly.

mikey14sr
21-01-08, 09:41 PM
Mk1 dash, glovebox out on left, fusebox and clocks out on right, a short screwdriver and 2 elbows per arm to get at the screws, just under 10cm size-wise as standard.

Much more satisfying to look at and in terms of sound quality would be a set of custom made door pods, like these basic ones I made for my 5 1/4" Infinity's,
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v689/mickyd79/audio/19122007008.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v689/mickyd79/audio/19122007009.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v689/mickyd79/audio/19122007010.jpg

(MDF, an old t-shirt and some fibre-glass resin, skimmed with filler and painted)

twistysnovagte
21-01-08, 10:24 PM
its all nice but not looking to customize the doors just looking for the right components to replace the nogood blaupunkt speakers thats in there:found these should do the trick:

http://i6.ebayimg.com/05/i/000/bd/ba/e512_1.JPG

mikey14sr
22-01-08, 06:49 PM
They should fit the standard locations, oh the front speakers only have two screws, the other end slides into clips moulded into the dash.

LaurentGSi
05-02-08, 06:14 AM
doors pods? it's the first time i see it. i often see people who put it into doors but digging a hole in the door (sorry for my englishlol)

Nevo
15-03-08, 12:28 AM
Ive been thinking about making some door pods ive also got the mk1 with the windy windows , and as some one mentioned to me you mite have trouble with them been kicked and banged
1st .... Do you ?
2nd .... Did you have to cut any of the cards ? or did you just make the pods and screw them on through the card any pics ????
cheers mate

Steve
15-03-08, 12:37 AM
Havent got any pics but my old nova had 13cm speakers in there and they just cleared the window winders, try and get them as close to the door pockets as possible and you may also have to modify the inner door skin.

As mine already was.

Nevo
15-03-08, 12:55 AM
Havent got any pics but my old nova had 13cm speakers in there and they just cleared the window winders, try and get them as close to the door pockets as possible and you may also have to modify the inner door skin.

As mine already was.

yea a will do am deffinatlly going to give it a go whats the worst that can happen i have to get some new cards ... al be looking for 2 new front doors at sum point anyway these are a lil rusty underneath plus the drivers door has had a little persuation to open at sum point in the past :mad: but has been near enough bent back .

Nevo
15-03-08, 12:58 AM
a quick question ... how did u hide the speaker wires from the door as they dont have speakers in the doors as standard and there is no rubber tube or owt to hide them in ?? if you get me (sorry for the cr@p explination)

just vaux trev
15-03-08, 01:16 AM
nev you have to drill the inner door and the pillar and thread the wire through
but make sure you find something suitable to insulate the wire as when i brought mine the leccy window and central locking were bodged without insulation and always blows fuses and kills the batt, go scrapper and find something with standard c/locking ect and use that

Steve
15-03-08, 01:25 AM
Well mine were alrady done when I got the car and they were just fed into the doors, just routed under the dash, behind the kick plate and into the doors.

Not the best idea but it was fine all the time I had it. May be best, as trev says to feed it through the door pillar.

Nevo
15-03-08, 01:33 AM
Yea al probly do the drilling an insulating it method, as a say al be wanting some new doors in the future but a need to be getting on the road 1st lol

cheers trev n steve

Jack
16-03-08, 11:54 AM
Get the tubing that covers the wiring from roofline to tailgate - I've used stuff from a fiesta and mk3 astra before, both fitted the nova doors perfectly and weren't too big.

Shaun_O'Donnell
16-03-08, 01:18 PM
Don't have the holes in line. This was vauxhalls mistake with electric windows in the nova.

If you look at other cars the wiring exiting the car drops down a couple of inches before it enters the door.

That way the wires are just slightly twisting when the doors are opened, rather than being bent or pulled in and out.