PDA

View Full Version : fuel tank not filling

lomas
20-01-08, 06:14 PM
my fuel tank wasnt filling up so i have removed the ball at the end of the filler neck because it wasnt allowing the fuel into the tank. im just wanting to no which way the ball holder goes in the tank, do the fingers that hold the ball point up or point down?? if you no what i me i can get pics if req'd
ben

mowgli
20-01-08, 07:43 PM
you prat, it is the breather pipe that comes up to the neck at fault & NOT the anti siphon ball

lomas
20-01-08, 08:23 PM
its got a new pipe from the top of the tank to the top of the filler neck and new tank. so do you know which way it goes or not

Steve
20-01-08, 08:29 PM
Sounds like a similar problem ive got with mine, you can only put petrol in very very slowly or the pump trigger justs cuts off the fuel supply!!

craig green
21-01-08, 09:55 AM
The claw fits in the filler tube with its slight angle facing into the tank. Its not pointing up or down but side on.

I cant see how it can make much difference tbh.

lomas
21-01-08, 06:14 PM
cheers thats all i needed to no as when i fitted the new tank i forgot which way the sleeve sat

mowgli
21-01-08, 09:00 PM
the filler will be fine, there will be a trapped breather pipe causing the problem

benny f gsi,n it
21-01-08, 09:03 PM
yer i also had thos problem but mine ws the anti syphen device had brokn up and the breather hose to the filler neck had a kink but problem solved now :)

lomas
21-01-08, 10:52 PM
the old tank had caved in at the top because of a blocked breather so i have but a new tank and pipes on and forgot which why the anti syphon holder went when i took it out of the old tank.