PDA

View Full Version : Nova vs Fiesta Day - any interest?

mitchie
17-07-02, 03:45 PM
Hi you probably don't know me but i'm really a Corsa girl. I have been asked by my friend (unfortunately for him a Ford boy) to help him sort something....

So.... On behalf of a friend....

Would any quick Nova owners be interested in a Nova vs Fiesta Day? With a possible magazine feature of the day with Redline.

The Saxo vs Corsa day featured with redline is in a week I wondered if there would be an interest in a Nova vs Fiesta day.

Redline require the 10 fastest from each camp (looks aren't judged on the day) and measuring 0-60 and 1/4 mile times.

This is only an early post to see if there would be an interest... There is already some seriously quick Fezzas interested

If ure interested please post specs... Lets show the Ford boys!

Ta!

mitchie@cruisenorthwest.co.uk

Ste_Nova
17-07-02, 03:57 PM
lmao 2.0 16v/turbo/tbs will win the day as usual

nathanl
17-07-02, 04:09 PM
Mine might be slow compared to the 2 litres but I will give any xr2 a race for his money. Mine is a 1.6 with an induction kit, 4 branch manifold and a straight through exhaust, with a top end of over 130 mph :twisted:

Breeny
17-07-02, 04:09 PM
ste get ure head out from your own arse.

depending where/when i'll be interested yeh.

Ste_Nova
17-07-02, 05:33 PM
Redline require the 10 fastest from each camp

do you need to apply breeny :lol:

Ian
17-07-02, 06:08 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: @ breeny, and ste inj valvers wouldnt make top 10 either

as i see it (feel free to add to it) the quickest novas are probably:

clint (green one from mids area) turbo ran 13.2
Andy bishop turbo
beasty turbo
rob spider phase 3 turbo
alex haines turbo
luggy turbo
brett tb's
Ian (if set right by then) tbs
car with jon shields old eng on tbs
dave lius turbo
issachunt nova 2.0 8v turbo nos
cossvaux nova they can try and prove their claims.
zulurich? turbo
joffy turbo
chris t carbs
martin kelson (prob not built by then) carbs
alan shepherd not heard of for a while?
gary hope still got car?
so which of these is yours quicker then breeny? lol

Freak
17-07-02, 07:51 PM
Its quicker than dave lius at the moment coz the gearbox has blown
lol

Jim
17-07-02, 09:21 PM
"(looks aren't judged on the day)" <--- Thats lucky, means you'll be able to make it Ian :lol: Just kidding (besides, I have to stick up with my fellow 1.6 on carbs :) )

However, It does mean that unless you have a mean engine under the bonnet you might aswell not bother applying. Kinda limits the people that can make it :( What about CP's car? It might not have performed it's best at Santa pod, but i think it would certainly shock a few :wink:

Would be intresting to see 0-60 times of these cars.

Jim

mitchie
17-07-02, 09:28 PM
thanks Ian, so you think there would be an interest and it would be a good day out?

locky
17-07-02, 11:33 PM
I got a m8 with a 2.1, twincarbs, 8v, and nos (obv other stuff 2 but not sure) when it goes, it goes, the only thing is that he cant get traction, he was at pv2002!

neiloakley
18-07-02, 12:04 AM
the only thing is that he cant get traction, he was at pv2002!
I see your problem there young lad! What you need is some good ole tractoooorrr tyres slapped onto the beast. Then she'll plough all day come rain wind or snow! wouldnt need to change gear either! ooooohh arghhhh!

ade
18-07-02, 12:21 AM
lol @ neil!

I'll av a go in me 1.2 (aye right!)

get me hands on some rocket fuel! :D

Jim
18-07-02, 08:53 AM
Mickey, when Novaload had a RWYB day at Santa Pod last year there was a Supercharged Mk1 Fiesta. It sounded like a Jet engine on the start of the 1/4 mile strip and it was very very fast. I can't remember what it ran, but it would give some of our quick boys a run for their money.

mitchie
18-07-02, 09:20 AM
i'll speak to my mate and try and get something sorted then.

cheers chaps!

Ste_Nova
18-07-02, 09:29 AM
and ste inj valvers wouldnt make top 10 either

lmao my 2.0 16v isn't fast enough.... i want a turbo now

Sid
18-07-02, 04:39 PM
Beasty car is a 2L Turbo (J 2L TB)
he did 15.2 secs at the Pod.

The engine I bought from him was inj 2L 16v, that did 14.98 secs!
so yup, I can beat some cars on that list (if the engine was in the damn car!! :lol: )

See here: The Ultimate Nova Quarter Mile List (http://www.pngregion4.co.uk/page21.html)

locky
18-07-02, 05:06 PM
Iv been told that if u had a standard vauxhall engine, and a standard ford engine, the vauxhall would be a quicker engine (saying that the engines r of the same cubic capacity)!
Can ne1 tel me that this is true?

nathanl
19-07-02, 09:38 AM
Apparently this is true, something to do with the manifolds I think.

Ste_Nova
19-07-02, 10:40 AM
The Ultimate Nova Quarter Mile List (http://www.pngregion4.co.uk/page21.html)

lmao . Steve Sanders 1998 16 Inj K860 Blue Expression 14.858 91.7 Superchip, K&N, Custom stainless exhaust quickest std internaled 20xe (and it was fucked on the day)

p.s. beastys turbo is only running 0.4 bar.... std is 0.8 hence the slow time

Ben (lurk75)
20-07-02, 10:59 AM
You should ask Colin Smith to take B11 OVA that is a quick car especially as its a 1400!!!!!!!
Probably wouldnt have much top end due to the close ratio Quafie box but accelaration is damn fast!

or

His Blue Nova Turbo that looks a mad bloody thing