PDA

View Full Version : RANT!!!! about the fuzz!!!!!!!

let_nova
19-01-08, 11:10 PM
went up to a town near us the night to pick up some headlight protectors and get a chinese was in the town for the most 20 mins. was getting followed a bit so kept the noice down as i do in town any way. on the way out of town i got pulled. got out the car and he made a comment about it. i said 'no need to be funny' his fat side kick said ' oh this is going to be fun' got hand cuffed he sais that i had glazed bloodshot eyes and that he thought that i was under the influence of drugs. so i thought ok simple test and ill prove them wrong. they put me into the back of the car with a bit of manhandling for no reason. then the traffics arrived along with another patrol car 6 bobbies for 1 guy and his girlfriend what was i going to do? chib him with my mobile or mabye slice him with the headlight protector? or maybe my G/f was going to hit him wi the hand bag? suppose they cant be to carefull.
anyway i got a series of tests for coordination (balance on one foot,touch the nose with the eyes closed) so on. i passed that as i got that done the other 4 were searching the car. once the traffics had finished with me they set about my car done the light test on the tints. read something like 44?? exhaust too loud (told me that a exhaust wasnt legal to be any louder than it was standard.) and numberplates (made me rip it off with the sticky stuff the told me to stick my old one on that i had in the boot. he told mr to stick it on with insulating tape :tard: with a wet car? so yes i am funkin RAGIN!!!!!!!!

mikey14sr
19-01-08, 11:16 PM
So did you get a defect notice for the poor light transmission of the tints?

let_nova
19-01-08, 11:19 PM
no! the tested it from the outside then told me to go in the end, no defect form told me when i was drivin home when i go through a built up area i have to have the window down. had these tints for adges now and never had and bother the last time i got stopped (routine)

Saloony
19-01-08, 11:26 PM
Tints and plates are something there getting all girlie about of late. You cant **** without it being wrong now lol

mikey14sr
19-01-08, 11:30 PM
Every now and then they have a crack-down on tints around here, nearly always give defect forms for them. Understandably the arguement is that it's harder to see dark objects at night, and there is a legal minimum of 75% light transmission forthe front side windows.

TBH it sounds as though they like to pull modded cars in that area, probably just something to do to stay out of the office.

Afaik there isn't a set legal limit for exhaust noise, it's just down to personal opinion really. There was a lad on here a few years ago with no silencers at all who from what I remember, never got pulled for it.

And as far as number plates go, I recommend everyone leaves the non-standard type-faces for the shows only, as there are issues with being able to read the plate of cars involved in hit and runs by the public etc. (And I personally think a plain, standard plate looks a lot "cleaner" to the eye).

Give them as few excuses as you can to stop you basicaly.

let_nova
19-01-08, 11:30 PM
its pi## was minding my own business they just thought hey lets pull him thats easy he wont resist or poke us with wa dirty needle! easy nights work!! got a 30quid ticket for plates and nothing for exhaust or tint said that they reporting them. but no ticket or anything?

Adam
19-01-08, 11:38 PM
They are actually right about the exhaust, its in the mot book.
What was wrong with the plates?

let_nova
19-01-08, 11:44 PM
ok then my car went for a mot the other day and passed. plates were lettering was slightly too small.

Adam
19-01-08, 11:46 PM
Indeed they will pass it, but the manual states they shouldn't.
On another day the coppers would turn a blind eye.

Steve
20-01-08, 12:02 AM
I got 'told off' as my old plates had the lettering slightly too small, but as always if you act innocent you normally can get away with it, all they said was make sure you get a new set made up, which I did.

I got stopped the other night by the bill for going over the limit (probably 40 in a 30 limit) they said 'why are your eyes all bloodshot' even though I havent had a toke in over a year now! lol

Anyway the point is, dont say more than you have to and they hate cockinees so try and avoid that, not matter how much they wind you up!

mowgli
20-01-08, 09:47 AM
number plates have to have the correct size letters & correct letter spacing, the font can be anything. Did the officer actually get the tape measure out?

staggy_gsi
20-01-08, 10:25 AM
i got pulled the other night because they 'thought' i had no insurance. i was arguing for ages that i had insurance and they said they didnt believe me, but let me drive off anyway?!

think he just didnt want to admit he was wrong coz at the end of the day what copper would let an uninsured car drive away?

General Baxter
20-01-08, 11:16 AM
looking at your photo, it looks like you only have tints on the rear ummmmm

Jack
20-01-08, 11:47 AM
^ Front window could be open in that pic :p

I've been had for the bloodshot eyes and dilated pupils before, until I explained to the policewoman that I wore contact lenses which made my eyes bloodshot and it was dark hence why my pupils were dilated. Even offered to remove my lense to show her but she said no lol

Indeed they will pass it, but the manual states they shouldn't.
Its down as testers discretion in the manual - i think the actual wording is something along the lines of if the tester considers it to be louder than the same car with a standard exhaust he can fail it if he wants to.

sport
20-01-08, 11:54 AM
At the end of the day youve said youve got aloud exhaust, window tints and ilegally spaced number plates so expect to get pulled by the police.

Timmy
20-01-08, 12:13 PM
i always get pulled if your honest and say sorry and just dont get cocky then your normaly get off

Adam
20-01-08, 12:27 PM
At the end of the day youve said youve got aloud exhaust, window tints and ilegally spaced number plates so expect to get pulled by the police. Thats exactly what i was getting at, illegal plates and tints, and when you get a fine for them you go on a rant? Harsh but true really. Like i previously said, on another day they may have just warned you for them. Probably just caught them on a bad day.

"i think the actual wording is something along the lines of if the tester considers it to be louder than the same car with a standard exhaust he can fail it if he wants to."
Exactly, so any system that makes more noise than the original factory system is illegal.

General Baxter
20-01-08, 12:33 PM
Exactly, so any system that makes more noise than the original factory system is illegal.

lol cant wait to get pulled in mine lol

3L v6 twin turbo twin system with no silencers :thumb:

Adam
20-01-08, 12:38 PM
Ive been pulled in mine which aint exactly quiet, and they never mentioned the exhaust lol

NovaLad
20-01-08, 01:22 PM
Been on the road 20 days and not been pulled.
Allthough the 1st day i was out i was sat in my car outside my mates and the cops asked what i was doing.

djshaggeh
20-01-08, 01:39 PM
I have to agree, cockyness and being rude in anyway or form (even sly digs) just gets you in heaps of trouble. Been there, done that and lost my licence :)

I think the comment about "I pay your fing wages you fing piggy c u next tuesdays" didnt go down too well!

I used to write down the officer badge numbers and the time, date and area I got pulled. Record was 14 times in a month and 3 times in one day! After I got banned I then realized that they blatently used to pull me over for entainment purposes and wonder what stoned, mad rant I would come up with.

Point of the story, BE POLITE even if they try and wind you up, which they will. Be the bigger man and rise above it.

Stoo
20-01-08, 01:49 PM
number plates have to have the correct size letters & correct letter spacing, the font can be anything.

The font CANT be anything

It has to be the correct British Standardised font to be legal.

conad
20-01-08, 03:11 PM
i got fined once for having the vauxhaull grifin on the side of my plate, they also sais a wasn't allowed a simple black border

let_nova
20-01-08, 03:18 PM
number plates have to have the correct size letters & correct letter spacing, the font can be anything. Did the officer actually get the tape measure out?

no they just looked at them and said they were illegal. would put a pic up but they took the plates even the new one that was in the car wasnt on the front as i didnt have anything to put it on.

let_nova
20-01-08, 03:20 PM
looking at your photo, it looks like you only have tints on the rear ummmmm

i am just going to put pics on in a moment from outside the car and out.

let_nova
20-01-08, 03:23 PM
[quote=Adam]Thats exactly what i was getting at, illegal plates and tints, and when you get a fine for them you go on a rant? Harsh but true really. Like i previously said, on another day they may have just warned you for them. Probably just caught them on a bad day.

my oppinion is that the windows are not illegal. fair enough the plates. when i got the windows got done i asked for legal on the front.

Adam
20-01-08, 04:10 PM
Depends how much light they let through.
The rear windows dont have to let any light through.

let_nova
20-01-08, 04:14 PM
outside back, very dark

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg34/incanova/20012008008.jpg

front side outside doesnt look illegal

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg34/incanova/20012008007.jpg

inside side window with it up.

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg34/incanova/Windowsup.jpg

inside with windows down

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg34/incanova/Windowdown.jpg

outside front

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg34/incanova/Outsidefornt.jpg

windscreen (no tint)

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg34/incanova/Front.jpg

in the back of the car with pic looking out

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg34/incanova/Back.jpg

if you think a pic from a different angle would be better let me know and i will get it. thanks.

CP
20-01-08, 09:04 PM
I'm a lot older than most on here (I ought to have grown out of novas by now but thats another story) and I was in town at night in the nova when it was still roadworthy. I took off from the lights a bit sharpish (ahem:roll: ) and the next thing I know I get pulled (cop car 4 cars back ). As I was getting out of the harness, I could see this young coppers face in my mirrors as he leapt out of his wagon obv. ready to read the riot act to a snotty nosed little urk in a nova - easy meatlol It was so funny to see his face as I got out and he realised that he was dealing with a bloke the wrong side of 40 lolol. "What appears to be the matter officer?"
"oh -err - I -err-umm ...."
He had a WPC with him and she was having a job to not to piss herself laughing at him.

Best of it was whilst he was wasting his time with me a load of scallys burnt past in a stolen bimmer that they had been after earlier and lost, wheels lit up, leaning out the windows flicking the "V's etc etc.
Hilarious:D

stevenf
20-01-08, 09:11 PM
^^^^^ roflpmsl

davidvsb
20-01-08, 10:14 PM
My misses is a copper and to be honest my experience with the police has always been pretty positive although even she says it just depends on the mood of the copper and what kind of day they have had. Most of them are decent but its the ones who are on the constant power trip that really get me and even within the police force it is well known that traffic cops are complete winkers.

General Baxter
20-01-08, 10:17 PM
you should get pulled by a hobby bobby, now thats a power trip lol

davidvsb
20-01-08, 10:36 PM
Now they are in a whole different league. Never quite understood why you would advertise the fact that you are not good enough to be a real copper.

Timmy
20-01-08, 10:49 PM
hobby bobby rae only such cos there too many police as is, around here there not recruiting white police only black and asian, so most wanna be cops are CPOs not the real deal.

let_nova
20-01-08, 11:05 PM
do you think the windows look too dark?

belly257
21-01-08, 01:03 AM
i been stopped loads of times for nowt half the time, and i try not to be but i always end up being cocky with them, takes longer try avoid that lol

L33 LEG
21-01-08, 01:25 PM
any tint on the front windows are illegal, have been since jan 05. and not being funny, but you took all of those pics but not one of them shows what they look from outside Lol.

at the end of the day tho, you drive a nova with tints, illegal plates and a noisy exhaust, youre obviously going to get pulled over. i am constantly getting pulled (95% of the time its for nothing), but from what iv learnt from my past is never to get cocky with them, especially ones in your own town, cos they will win in the end. just be friendly with them and next time you get pulled you start to know them by name and its more of a chat rather than a 'telling off'

Jack
21-01-08, 01:40 PM
any tint on the front windows are illegal, have been since jan 05.
Incorrect, tints ARE still legal.

L33 LEG
21-01-08, 01:43 PM
only if they are a factory option. but it all depends on where you live as cops have different views on it, but from what i remember in jan 05 they made all windows before the b pillar illegal if they arnt standard. years ago i actually read up on it and found proof that its true, havnt a clue where i saw that now tho

Jack
21-01-08, 01:55 PM
Nope, according to VOSA (they're the ones that carry out the roadside testing!) and the DVLA, tints are legal:

Vehicles used prior to 01/04/85:
70% of light must be able to pass through front side windows and windscreen.

Vehicles used on or after 01/04/85:
75% of light must be able to pass through windscreen.
70% of light must be able to pass through front side windows.

Front side windows = either side of drivers head, so b-pillar forward.

Source (http://www.vosa.gov.uk/vosacorp/repository/Tinted%20Windows%20Nov%202005.pdf) - thats a VOSA document dated Nov 2005, and is actively linked by the DVLA from their section of the directgov website, so assumed current regulation.

Its recommended to not tint anything forward of the B pillar to be on the safe side, as even non-tinted glass restricts light throughput (albeit by a very small amount). So putting a 30% tinting film on the side windows could still be illegal.

Applies to all cars iirc, as there was talk of brand new cars coming out the factory with illegal tints (mostly american brands such as Chrysler) and owners were having to spend money removing their expensive factory-option tints lol

Austin_Nova16
21-01-08, 01:57 PM
Been pulled far too many times by the fuzz over the years to have any respect for them at all..