PDA

View Full Version : wher can i get...

blaiz
17-07-02, 02:10 AM
k, wher can u buy the black window surroundz (that go right into the corner ov da rear quater windows and make a triangle shape, not curve round the window) fink they were standard on MK2 SRs n GSi n stuff?
also, can u buy new vynal for the door pillars??

ne information about his wud b mch apreciated as its bin bugin me 4 time..!!!
cheerz in advance
Chris

djp_y2k
17-07-02, 10:43 AM
not sure if you have tryed it yet. But go and have a look round the scrap yards. you may find what you want there.

As for the vynal, yes it can be bought. you may be able to get it from a company that make up signs or graphics for car etc.

ade
18-07-02, 12:58 AM
the window surrounds for the rear windows are solid metal surrounds and house the window and rubber (I've just got a pair) - you'll need to pop the window out of an old nova in a scrappy. you can get them from vauxhall - be prepared to pay anything up to ?30+ each though

If u get the rears, you'll need to fronts too or it wont match the vynal line - these come as a kit and are made up of strips that clip onto the window surround using little slide clips. If a scrap nova has the rears, it'll also have the fronts. gently prise them off with a screwdriver cos they will beld if youre rough. You'll also need to remove the wing mirror to get the bit that goes around it and completes the set (its held in place with a plastic stopper) - you'll probably need to remove the 1/4 glass in the front to get them off fully (I had to).
Vynal - vauxhall OR any decent print shop/sign makers - ask for satin or matt exterior weather proof vynal for vehicles - if your lucky, they may have an off cut.
:D
Ade