AJ

carltoncrazy
17-07-02, 12:53 AM
get a new engine?????joke,
knN
decent zorst
get ya head sorted.
it depends m8 how much you wanna spend,
i had an old 84 cav in my parents drive,body fcuk so i had some fun,if you are willing to pay the petrol you can teach old dogs new tricks.
there are ways of tellin injection cars there something there not.but ya emssion will rocket +ya feul bill.
how much you wanna spend.
i dont know 1.2 i well,i asum they are computer control or have some sorta chip running it.
now you can teach that chip to do tricks,we taught my cav loadz of tricks,but doing this is risky,i distroyed my engine after seing how high i cauld make it rev,got it to 9k,lol
as i said it depends on how much money you got,how much you want you insuance to go up by,

MC
17-07-02, 08:22 AM
What the fuck are you talkin about!? The only way to get more power from an engine is to get more air in. The 1.2i is basicly a carb with a single injector metering fuel application into the air flow. Assuming the throttle is cable driven and opens fully, no more air can enter just by tricking the ECU, and extra fuel or revs will do fuck all except slow yopu down!

Remove the standard air filter, and fit an after market one, K&N is probably the best for your use. Not sure what this'll do performance wise, coz you haven't got an airflow meter to tell the ECU your getting more fuel, and you can't rejet like on carbs, but the lambda sensor should sort this out.

Now you say you have minimal cash, so you probably can't afford a full exhaust system, so go down to your local scrappy and try to find a Nova SR/GTE/GSI and have the full manifold and system off of that. It will fit, be a larger bore, and will use a twin down pipe rather than a single.

Oh, as you have minimal cash, before you do the first two steps, remove as much weight from your car as possible, work out what you can live without, like stupidly heavy ICE installs. If you can strip your car bear of carpet and soundproffing , seats (not all of em obviously) and rear wipers etc, you have far more effect than any cheap engine mod.

If you've successfully completed steps 1, 2 and 3 and still want more power go back to your scrappy and try to get a camshaft out of one of the bigger cars like an SR/GTE/GSI. I'm pretty sure they will go into yours, I know they fit between the earlier models, just check that the dizzy end of the camshaft is the same. You should get more lift and duration. Once again the Lamda should read you are running lean and compensate with more fuel. Now get the timing checked, assuming you have a dizzy.

Anything after this is gonna start costing real money, so if you wan't more, you really should think about fitting a bigger engine, very easy and you can pick a decent engine up for as little as ?100.

I'm not sure if the 1.2i head is square ported or like the good old carb 1.2 with large cathedral ports. Could be worth finding out coz if it is a square one, they are restrictive. You could always try fitting a 1300 block to your top end, and even play around with a combination of both bottom ends to get 1.4 litres.

If you have the time and knowhow, you can get some good power for very little money in smaller vauxhall engines.

carltoncrazy
17-07-02, 11:24 AM
if you read my post,i said i idnt know how the nova was set up.
:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
the caviler was elctrical restrict by that stupid chip,hence why i played about with it and made it so that it preformed slightly better(it wasnt cable controed,or i culdnt find 1 ne how).
i asumed(and i stated that) that it was elctrical controled,or computer controled.
and wot r u chatting bout,decent power from 1.2,
however much spends on this engine,
it would probley be cheaper to get an old gte/gsi engine and fit it.
with that list you saying above,is more than on old gte/gsi engine.
a 1.2 is a 1.2 end of the day it aint going catch a gte,
also can u afford the insirance after these mods?

MC
17-07-02, 11:47 AM
lol. :lol:

Go on then, what cav was it? It must be new if it was fbw, but whats this? 84? What tricks did you do to fool it then? I'm very intrigued!

MC

jatinder
17-07-02, 01:54 PM
I think you should look at the idea of putting in a sr engine maybe a 1.3 or 1.4 for if you can strecth that far. It will be the cheapest option in the long run and will b faster than a modifyed 1.2i

carltoncrazy
17-07-02, 02:32 PM
hi
got a few wires that i dont know what they are,
bascial my dash is off and im putting a new block connect thing on the radio,
ive got 2 wires which i dont no where to connect,
there either
remote ariel
or 12v ememory
as there the only to that havent been connected on the block
colors are solid black or green and grey.
so whick ones which,plez help.

Ste_Nova
17-07-02, 02:49 PM
grey/green = illumination
black = switched live

carltoncrazy
17-07-02, 03:30 PM
ops i put that in the wrong forroom,dapy w****r
so thats means..
thanks n e howz

fo0q
17-07-02, 06:57 PM
K&N dont make a filter for the 1.2i

but Green do and u get a crankcase breather filter with it aswell.

Dont cost much more than a K&N anyway

ade
18-07-02, 12:29 AM
yes they do. I have a K&N on my 1.2 carb - the holes on the plate are actually for 1.2i (according to the instruction manual) I had to drill new holes to get it to fit my 1.2 - car runs like a dream with tons more aceleration than before + I can actually see my engine (now the black bin lid has gone!)

All I gotta do now is get a decent back box... (which I have)
You aint gonna get massive power gains but you will notice the difference.

Ade

fo0q
18-07-02, 06:30 PM
when i went to buy a filter from Demon Tweeks they give me a bolt on one for a 1.2 carb nova and this didnt fit my 1.2i nova..
when i took it back they said the only company that make filters for the 1.2i is Green

MC
26-07-02, 02:24 PM
Sorry to bring this up again, but.......

Mr Hayzsr, you didn't answer my questions, I really am intrigued to know what the entire tuning world are missing out on?

MC

Ben (lurk75)
26-07-02, 03:28 PM
Hayz are sure you mean a cavalier and not a supra???

and what sort of tricks did you teach it? sit up and beg? fetch the paper? rollover? perhaps you should have taken it to crufts!

with regards to the 1.2i engine, you can buy a GSI engine for ?100 if you look around a bit and this running standard will virtually double whatever your 1.2 will do modded.

MC
30-07-02, 08:23 AM
:lol: He's gone very quiet!

Dave_Hay
30-07-02, 05:22 PM
<thinks haysr has picked an arguement with the wrong bloke lol

MC
31-07-02, 11:11 AM
:lol:

Well then? I'm intrigued!

MC
01-08-02, 02:46 PM
:o Still waiting.......

MC
01-08-02, 05:08 PM
8) Shall I take that as a 'back down'?

Dave_Hay
01-08-02, 10:51 PM
i would lol and hell be thinking now, oh shut up i was wrong ok.

MC
02-08-02, 10:00 AM

MC
02-08-02, 04:38 PM
:roll:

MC
05-08-02, 09:09 AM
:o