PDA

View Full Version : how do you....

vaux-nova
18-01-08, 01:40 PM
take the front wing of a nova, never took one off before, do you need to take the bumper of first?

meritlover
18-01-08, 02:02 PM
yes. then open the door and take the screws off that make it stick to the A post. then the one at the bottom at the sill. somtimes you must remove the front trim and lights if it has a facelift face. remember to disconnect repeater lamp and push bung and wires through so it not get caught and you drop wings,
then remove the top screws under the bonnit. then peely the wing from the sticky paste untill you have a wing that is no longer part of the nova. do not leave screws on driveway as they can get burst tyres!!!!!

Jack
18-01-08, 02:11 PM
As said. IIRC there's two bolts on the inside (behind the kick panel, under the dash); two up front that join the wing to the front valance, one on the sill and then the 5 or so along the top.

Bumper has to come off as that bolts to the wing as well (where it wraps round the wing).

remember to disconnect repeater lamp and push bung and wires through so it not get caught and you drop wings
I seem to recall on some of them - mk1's? - the repeater bulb holder is moulded onto the wires? So I think that may require cutting and rejoining...

meritlover
18-01-08, 02:16 PM
ye mr jack. you are right the bolts are inside i was remembering Charade wings. (sorry i am so stupid sometimes)
the brown wire has a ring on it to connect to earth. but i cannot remember if there is a connector for the black. prehaps not. it was maybe considered a wasted day at vauxhall to fit nice connections.

vaux-nova
18-01-08, 03:48 PM
cheers lads i will give it a go on the weekend, cheers again

mikey14sr
18-01-08, 03:52 PM
Most mk1 side repeaters are like jack says, wires moulded in.
Under the dash, behindthe kick panel trim, a little further forward than the A post, there'll be a rubber bung with 2 wires coming through (one brown, one black with a green or white tracer).
The brown will go to a little bolt onto the 'shell, thats the earth, the feed (black with tracer) will have a connecor on the end of it joining it to the main loom.

I have managed to remove mk1 wings without taking the bumper off, but only by scratching them!