PDA

View Full Version : Flood defenses

Lee
17-01-08, 07:46 PM
Just seen the news. In some areas, the fire brigade have lined the roads with farking enourmous waterfilled bags to defend houses from rising river water. Similar to these things...

http://www.waterwalls.co.uk/flooddefence.htm

I cant help but visualise a bunch of scallys with a knife creating a different kind of flood lol

Good idea if they hold out.

FUSION X16XE
17-01-08, 07:52 PM
thats a v good idea! much better than stacking sand bags lol

Philsutton
18-01-08, 08:54 AM
The corsa went for a swim last night a few times. Good old diesels, all the electrics spaz'd out but it keep running.

db_1.2
18-01-08, 09:10 AM
Lol my mates astra saloon isuzu diesel didnt like the water as much as the corsa, stalled in the middle, and now it taps like mad, only just turnt the boost up on the stupid thing iswell.

J4MES
18-01-08, 10:20 AM
They are a brilliant idea!!

Jack
18-01-08, 10:38 AM
Yeah, that is quite a good plan. Kinda like using fire to fight fire... but with... water lol

My mate gets a bit twitchy when there's water around, his 306 has the air filter right down the bottom of the bay. Good for picking up cool air, but also very good for filling the engine with floodwater!

mikey14sr
18-01-08, 11:37 AM
I can see another run on new engines for around 150 vans at least at the local van hire place. Half of the vans that went back in the summer the muppet drivers just carried on going, then started complaing about lack of power and lots of smoke, only turned out to be cracked pistons or blocks, lol.

Dar
18-01-08, 12:09 PM
Yeah, that is quite a good plan. Kinda like using fire to fight fire... but with... water lol

My mate gets a bit twitchy when there's water around, his 306 has the air filter right down the bottom of the bay. Good for picking up cool air, but also very good for filling the engine with floodwater!

The air filter is down there but the air intake is alot further up. However if hes done what alot of them do. Which is pull off the standard bits and just put a K&N or such like on thenlol lol

I love the floods, Me and Mr Chris went out the other night for a play in the puddles. Fapping great in the 4x4's

Back on topic
That is a cracking idea for flood defences but I can't help thinking that little chavs with knifes will spoil it.

Jack
18-01-08, 12:21 PM
but I can't help thinking that little chavs with knifes will spoil it.
BRAINWAVE

Full the bags with chavs. Problem solved. Plus, if anyone DOES then knife the bags, all that happens is a few chavs get stabbed. Result!

Dar
18-01-08, 12:33 PM
Your sir are a GENIUS!

mikey14sr
18-01-08, 12:52 PM
The nobel prize for aiding to rid the world of chavs goes to..........

Jack!

NovaLad
18-01-08, 01:08 PM
I thought it would have gone to Baxter lol

Matt2107
18-01-08, 01:12 PM
There's a few on the fto owners club who "forgot" that their cold air feeds were down near the bottom of the bumper and now have fubar'd engines.

I'm on flood alert at work as I have a river 100 yards to the right of me and another one 800 yards to the left. At the back is a park and ride where I have to park... its currently surrounded on 3 out of 4 sides with muddy water which is rising.

I normally take Dawn to work but this morning I decided I'd let her drive me to work as there's no way I'm leaving my fto anywhere there's a risk of rising water.

mikey14sr
18-01-08, 03:28 PM
You got the Trooper/Monterey snorkled up then Dar?

The award can't go to Baxter 'cause he's more likely to just run them over in his fo x fo, which means he then has to to go fjording to wash the blood off, thus increasing his carbon footprint, Lee's idea requires nothing more than a bit of cowboy-style roping up of chavs, therefore has less impact on the planet.

Got carried away there, to much coffee today methinks!

maxlee
18-01-08, 04:00 PM
BRAINWAVE

Full the bags with chavs. Problem solved. Plus, if anyone DOES then knife the bags, all that happens is a few chavs get stabbed. Result!

would also lower crime :thumb: