PDA

View Full Version : nova mk2 headlights.

let_nova
16-01-08, 10:46 PM
Right i am looking for something different for mt mk2. is ther any other front lights for the nova mk2 apart from standard? any aftermarket? did a search but no joy. thanks.

Iain
16-01-08, 10:50 PM
This is the best I can find you mate.

http://www.quadconversions.com/images/nova_pics/Mk2_Nova_Twinheadlights.jpg

http://www.quadconversions.com/vauxhall_nova_twin_headlight.htm

let_nova
16-01-08, 11:02 PM
right i see. the reason im asking is lights are crap! had them set,new bulbs, even 100w new headlights. . . .still no good!

let_nova
16-01-08, 11:02 PM
p.s thanks.

Iain
16-01-08, 11:06 PM
If your headlight units are old and the reflective stuff inside them is flaking off renew them with new standard items which will help the light output. Failing that, look in to HIDs :thumb:

let_nova
16-01-08, 11:09 PM
spot on chief!!! cheers.

Jack
16-01-08, 11:16 PM
HIDs are the future, although not strictly legal to the letter of the law (especially not on a Nova unfortunately).

My Celica lamps were rubbish, so fitted HIDs and its a massive improvement.

Matt2107
17-01-08, 01:14 PM
HID kits are around ?85 for some fairly decent kit now.
Thinking about putting them on the FTO as the owners club claim this is the best value mod for your money.

hybridturbo
17-01-08, 01:44 PM
H.I.D's had them fitted on my nova ?46 to my door

Carnt go wrong

Jack
17-01-08, 03:32 PM
Psh, ?37 delivered due to cunning purchasing from ebay.au lol

Thats for single arc though, and sans-power loom. Novas would need dual arc or bi-xenon ones which would no doubt be more expensive, and tbh a bit poo.

HID kits are around ?85 for some fairly decent kit now
The ?100 kit I bought, that the seller was originally putting up for around ?180 (as a group buy, so discounted over usual retail) is exactly the same as the ?37 kit I got, aside from the power loom.

Matt2107
18-01-08, 01:36 PM
Psh, ?37 delivered due to cunning purchasing from ebay.au lol

Thats for single arc though, and sans-power loom. Novas would need dual arc or bi-xenon ones which would no doubt be more expensive, and tbh a bit poo.

The ?100 kit I bought, that the seller was originally putting up for around ?180 (as a group buy, so discounted over usual retail) is exactly the same as the ?37 kit I got, aside from the power loom.

To be honest I'm not sure what ones to get. 8000k would be a bit much.
Reckon I'd get away with 6000k?

Jack
18-01-08, 01:59 PM
6000k is fine, I have those on mine for low beam and they're white with a slight hint of blue.

I've also got what is supposed to be 6000k for high beam, but looks to be a bit too blue, I reckon its either an 8000k one OR the range is accentuating the blue tint. If they are 6000k, I'd recommend 5000k for high beam.

Thats assuming your FTO has two bulbs for low/high and the low stays on all the time, like the celica. If its H4s, I'd recommend bi-xenon; or if the low beam shuts off when the high beam comes on I'd recommend halogen for high.

adam c
18-01-08, 06:17 PM
i have just bought some hids for mine as my lights were crap!having trouble getting them to work but when i do ill post up some pics.lol

Jack
18-01-08, 07:11 PM
What problems are you having? They should just be plug and play.

Have you connected the bulbs to the ballasts the right way round (as in the connector in back to front)?

adam c
18-01-08, 10:26 PM
What problems are you having? They should just be plug and play.

Have you connected the bulbs to the ballasts the right way round (as in the connector in back to front)?
i have plugged it all in but when i put the lights on nothing happens?but when i flick it on to high beam i can hear the bulbs click but still no light?

adam c
19-01-08, 06:11 PM
sorted it now.i thoroughly recommend a hid conversion mine cost ?70 and was one of the best mods i have done i shall get some pics in a bit.just make sure your headlight adjusters work first:tard:

DW-Nova
19-01-08, 10:27 PM
At the moment i am in the progress of trying to get some custom light lenses moulded from crystal clear plastic, i think it'll really freshen up the front end plus it'll be an easy mod, would anybody be interested in these?

let_nova
19-01-08, 11:47 PM
At the moment i am in the progress of trying to get some custom light lenses moulded from crystal clear plastic, i think it'll really freshen up the front end plus it'll be an easy mod, would anybody be interested in these?

definately. although might sell the car as may be attracting too much attention.

DW-Nova
20-01-08, 12:47 AM
I'm waiting to see what the minimum order will be and then depending i may have some of these for sale. if they prove to be popular i suppose i could get mk1 lenses made too.

bola
20-01-08, 10:40 AM

I would probably take some of these mate, depending on the price.

mikey14sr
20-01-08, 11:05 AM

Good idea, but wouldn't the reflector's need re-designing in order to give an adequate beam pattern?

Jack
20-01-08, 11:59 AM
Good idea, but wouldn't the reflector's need re-designing in order to give an adequate beam pattern?
Yes, theoretically they'd then need re-testing to various standards to be "road legal".

Glaring headlamps is one thing that hacks me off :mad: